Video: Cowboys CB DaRon Bland has been the best Corner in 2023: Film Breakdown

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Harris gone after this season.
A lot of moving parts at the end of season. If Quinn leaves, Whitt probably is the new DC and you can give Harris the title as Assistant or Associate DC, giving him more responsibility with the overall defense.

Good breakdown here on Bland. Have to give Al Harris a lot of credit. Bland looks like a well coached player with excellent athletic ability to go with it. Same goes for Diggs.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
A lot of moving parts at the end of season. If Quinn leaves, Whitt probably is the new DC and you can give Harris the title as Assistant or Associate DC, giving him more responsibility with the overall defense.

Good breakdown here on Bland. Have to give Al Harris a lot of credit. Bland looks like a well coached player with excellent athletic ability to go with it. Same goes for Diggs.
I posted a recap somewhere a while ago, but in an interview, Harris told Jesse Holley he wanted to go straight to Coach of a team, and that if he kept being blessed with good defensive backs, he was sure the offer would come.

bigE79

Reaction score
Great video analysis. Thanks for posting. The type of success Bland is having is due to all the practice work he puts in. Harris must me one hell of a coach.
This guy does a great job with his analysis, clean, simple,with no rambling...and on a side note,I really miss Diggs because with gilly and bland, we'd have a top 5 defensive backfield, easy.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I posted a recap somewhere a while ago, but in an interview, Harris told Jesse Holley he wanted to go straight to Coach of a team, and that if he kept being blessed with good defensive backs, he was sure the offer would come.
You mean head coach?

Harris has done a great job here, but in the interviews I've seen, he seems like more of a position coach than a coordinator. He seems closer to a player than to an overseer at this point. Now Joe Whitt, he seems like a coordinator.

Back to Bland, though, it's funny how Quinn and Harris and everyone else can't coach anything into Bossman or Wright. Amazing that Bland has saved us from those two second and third round abject busts.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Great video analysis. Thanks for posting. The type of success Bland is having is due to all the practice work he puts in. Harris must me one hell of a coach.

Yet players like Brown, Lewis, KJ bossman, and mook as well as the rook ..wheres that great coaching. Come on im sure hes great coach but im leaning 75% it's the talent that's easy to coach and not vice versa. add to that ,last year when both Lewis and brown went down we were pretty bad on the Backend with these well coached backups lol