Cowboys chances of getting Drew Brees?

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
I think there is no doubt that both Drew Brees and Phillip Rivers will not be in San Diego next year. Rivers was brought in to be "the guy" so chances are that Brees will either be traded or released. So what are the chances of Dallas picking up Brees next year and will Dallas be interested?

Our very own Drew's have battles that they are trying to win. One is trying to battle age and decline while the other is battling game rust and trying to improve. I think it is safe to say that Bledsoe is not the long term answer for Dallas, and I doubt he will be resigned once his contract runs out. That leaves Dallas with Henson and Romo. Another option would be to bring in Brees who seemed to come into his own last year, leading San Diego to a 12-4 record and playoff appearance with a QB rating of 104.8 and nearly a 4-1 TD/int ratio. I think he would be a leg up for what Henson and Romo are offering now. Maybe Dallas could send one of them along with something else to San Diego for Brees.

SALADIN

Jumper
Reaction score
snowballs_chance_in_hell_lg_wm.gif

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jdub2k4 said:
I think there is no doubt that both Drew Brees and Phillip Rivers will not be in San Diego next year.
Agreed. But if Brees plays this year like he did last year it will be Rivers that gets traded. Rivers is still unproven. Considering what they got from the Gints for trading down, they can accept a little under market value and still come out ahead in a deal.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I don't know that it's a guarantee that they won't both be in San Diego next season...if they can afford it this year, why not next year?

I'd love to have that problem in Dallas, even if it meant we couldn't keep every guy we wanted.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Drederick Tatum said:
Why don't you wait until you see what Drew Brees does this year... you might not want him after all.

You could say the same for Drew Bledsoe and Drew Henson. Already, Bledsoe is leaning toward the "non-wanted." If Romo or Henson don't pan out, Dallas needs somebody back there that can carry the team.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Another..this guy is good..Dallas needs him....its just getting old...

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
ShiningStar said:
Another..this guy is good..Dallas needs him....its just getting old...

Another...know-it-all...non-contributing to the topic...idiotic post....its just getting old