Video: Cowboys Chants at Titans Game

jzcowboy

Reaction score
So... what is it about the home crowd then? Tickets too expensive ? With this following everywhere the team goes, it's so bizarre that AT&T gets overrun with opposing team fans.

For one, the overwhelming majority on this board do not attend. A lot of fans claiming to be fans.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Suppose the Titan message boards reacted the same way the CZ did when the SF fans invaded AT&T?

danielofthesaints

Reaction score
Dallas area Cowboy fans suck.

They tell you to sit down, be quiet and tons of them act like they don't want to be there.

That's why I always sit in the back row of the section where I am seated. I can stand up to my hearts desire with the limiting factor being how long my voice holds up. But yeah, Dallas fans at home usually suck.

Zordon

Reaction score
So... what is it about the home crowd then? Tickets too expensive ? With this following everywhere the team goes, it's so bizarre that AT&T gets overrun with opposing team fans.

Lots of factors at play....

1. I think the anger with jerry is much more prevalent with the hometown Dallas fans than the fans around the country.
2. With the Rangers and Mavericks improving their franchises the last 5-7 years, a lot of DFW fans have shifted their focus to those franchises.
3. The location of the stadium doesn't help. I wish they built that thing in downtown Dallas (screw you Laura Miller). Arlington is kinda out there and the parking is expensive. This obstacle becomes much more of a factor when the team is losing.
4. DFW is a white collar city. This is not Pittsburgh or Cleveland. The economy is great, people have nice houses and cars.....a lot of the stereotypes in the TV show "Dallas" are true. I think that affects the behavior of the crowd.
5. I have no facts behind this but I have a suspicion that the lower bowl is heavily corporate owned, much more than any other stadiums.

If I was Jerry, I'd create a committee to fix this problem. Forget the art gallery, forget the shopping and gourmet food. How do I make this more of a home field advantage. I don't think people will want to renew their tickets if they have to deal with opposing fans 2-3 times a year. That's not an enjoyable experience.

StylisticS

Reaction score
I wonder if the loud and rowdy fans have been priced out. I don't believe DFW fans are quiet because announcers have been very impressed with the Ranger and Mavs fans in the past few years. Granted, they've been more successful than the Cowboys over the past five years, but even during the season, Mavs fans at least are loud.

Staggerlee

chip_gilkey
Reaction score
That was my experience at Paul Brown stadium a couple years ago (the comeback/Josh Brent drunk driving game

I have never been to Texas. I've always wanted to go to a home game, but honestly, I had so much fun interacting with the road Cowboys fans and how loud we were, that I'm not sure I want to. I might prefer another road game.

Doesn't matter right now. Will be several years before the kids are old enough for me to go.

I was at that game as well. Stayed in a hotel only to wake up to the josh brent news. went to the stadium and it was easily 65%-35% cowboys-bengals fans. was an amazing game to be at especially for your first and only game like it was for me.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
I was at that game as well. Stayed in a hotel only to wake up to the josh brent news. went to the stadium and it was easily 65%-35% cowboys-bengals fans. was an amazing game to be at especially for your first and only game like it was for me.

Same for me. First and only.

Was awesome to experience. I forgot the name of the hotel we stayed at, but it was just across the river in KY and about a mile from the stadium. When we went out to dinner, we saw the team bus and followed it hoping to see the players. The
bus was empty, though.

My wife was probably 27 weeks pregnant and every day had to deal with morning sickness. I wasn't sure about going because I was concerned she wouldn't enjoy it as a result. She insisted we went since we knew it would be years before we'd get to go again. So glad I listened.

Hopefully my sons will love football so that I can do that again and take them.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I wouldn't be so quick to say Dallas area fans suck. I Just think Dallas area fans have been priced out of the stadium.