News: Cowboys cited as a top candidate for the next dynasty

jnday

Reaction score
The team hasn’t gotten past the divisional round in 25 years and the Cowboys are one of the top candidates for the next great dynasty? :rolleyes:
I always hope for the best , but we have heard these predictions before. Talk is cheap.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
giphy.gif

I'll stick with her:

C8Ei.gif

Hello! . . .:thumbup:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
His first two times at Nationals, Chuck Norris lost to Jeff Smith...from Kingsville, Texas.

He was still Carlos Ray Norris then. "Chuck" hadn't evolved yet.

Anything come of this Jeff Smith fella?

CCBoy

Reaction score
He was still Carlos Ray Norris then. "Chuck" hadn't evolved yet.

Anything come of this Jeff Smith fella?

First recipient of the Bruce Lee award. Nine time National Champ. Went against a black belt chosen by Don King as the undercard for the Alli vs Foreman African match...which Jeff won. A member of the Tae Kwon Do Hall of Fame...other than that, he represented the US in World Championships quite a few years.

He and I came up together under Johnny Wooley, a National Winner as well. One of the first Dojo's under Jhoon Rhee. He was a 9th degree and head of the Korean Tae Kwon Do Federation at the time. We practiced in the 2nd floor of the Student Union buiding.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I always hope for the best , but we have heard these predictions before. Talk is cheap.

I’m certainly not going to put a lot of weight in one person’s opinion. Not only have the Cowboys not reached a conference title game in 25 years but they haven’t won back to back playoff games since the 06-07 seasons. Coming off a disappointing 8-8 season hard to start thinking dynasty.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I don’t know if there’s a team in the league that wins over more people on paper during the offseason than the Cowboys. Seldom what we see on paper translates to the regular season. No way did the Cowboys look like an 8-8 team heading into last season. Until I start seeing some consistency from season to season and we start knocking on the door I’m not buying in. The Cowboys rarely ever live up to high expectations. To get the best out of the Cowboys you have to doubt them.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Ummmmm, is that not a Dallas Cowboys site? What team would they predict a dynasty for, GB? PIT? SF? NE?

Things have to fall just right for any team to approach that D status including keeping the band together and staying healthy.

Only one team has approached that in the cap era and SB teams missing the playoffs the next season have become too common. Sustaining anything in the NFL is a tough job.

There will not be another dynasty, I don't even think Belichick would create that if he stayed another 10 years in the game. It is too hard to keep a team together long enough and too hard to build enough depth. The secret to Belichick's building as dynasty wasn't his acquiring stars, he paid more attention to all 53 than anybody else in the game. Belichick's secret was depth, there were no unimportant players, everyone had a role and he constantly reviewed his roster to see where he could upgrade.

If you looked at Belichick's roster, as compared to the Cowboys', what % of the cap do you think you'd see tied up in the starting 25? I'd bet Cowboys would be at the top and the Pats close to the bottom in top heavy cap. The Cowboys hope they don't get injuries, the Pats plan on it.
yeah I dont see any dynastys on the horizon except maybe KC and I guess bellechek might be able to do it again with some luck
finding another qb .

Cmac

Reaction score
Seeing would be believing......let's just get one year of getting to the dance or having a storybook season....no more Secret Sauce or Hot Boyz talk please.