Signed by Cowboys Cowboys claim QB Zac Dysert

conner01

Reaction score
Someone has to be able to throw down the field in training camp when Dak is resting

Reactions: BAT

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Looks like he can play if there is no pass rush...

Clearly he has had issues of hanging on to the ball to long. Right now all I can say is he will be given the chance to show what he can do in Dallas so it now is on him to go out and impress.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Clearly he has had issues of hanging on to the ball to long. Right now all I can say is he will be given the chance to show what he can do in Dallas so it now is on him to go out and impress.
In his favor, he'll get more time in the pocket here than he would with most teams.

Having said that, it didn't help Weeden who also had a problem recognizing where the pressure was coming from.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Or if he doesn't need to throw pass over 15 yards.
His arm is good enough from what I've seen but his pocket awareness is not. It's hard to imagine that pocket awareness would drastically improve at this point in his career. It was probably Weeden's biggest problem.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
His arm is good enough from what I've seen but his pocket awareness is not. It's hard to imagine that pocket awareness would drastically improve at this point in his career. It was probably Weeden's biggest problem.

He also doesn't throw well on the move. I exaggerate his lack of arm (but still believe his arm is below average), but it is compounded by his accuracy getting worse the further down the field he throws the ball. As for his pocket awareness, 159 sacks tells quite a story.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
In his favor, he'll get more time in the pocket here than he would with most teams.

Having said that, it didn't help Weeden who also had a problem recognizing where the pressure was coming from.

Well he will get his chance. I'm one who feels that not all players develop at the same pace and clearly Dysert has shown things he has to improve on, he gets the chance to step out on the field and show it