Signed by Cowboys Cowboys close to signing Robert Prince as WR coach, replacing Adam Henry

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Boom! The Scott Linehan of hires! Instead of 15 yard curls on 3rd and 2 we will be running bubble screens.

Watch out NFL!!!!
Seriously...this is the worst Cowboys news I've heard...maybe ever. I'm literally nauseous today.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Hope all of you were happy with Moore because it looks like we're going all in now.

quickccc

Reaction score
I heard per 105.3 the fan with Broaddus and Bobby Belt that per Clarence Hill made mentioned that Adam Henry was actually offered a renew contract .. and he turned it down.

o_O

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Boom! The Scott Linehan of hires! Instead of 15 yard curls on 3rd and 2 we will be running bubble screens.

Watch out NFL!!!!
You're under the impression the WR coach calls the plays?

eromeopolk

Reaction score

These Arlington Jonesboys can not run the ball so the hire a WRs coach.

Robert Prince should be hired as OC and Kellen Moore should learn how to be a QB Coach before Offensive Coordinator (see the same for Jason Garrett).

This is a great example why the Rooney Rule did not, does not work, and the Arlington Jonesboys have not gotten pass a divisional round playoff game or appeared in back to back playoff games in decades.

CWR

Reaction score
These Arlington Jonesboys can not run the ball so the hire a WRs coach.

Robert Prince should be hired as OC and Kellen Moore should learn how to be a QB Coach before Offensive Coordinator (see the same for Jason Garrett).

This is a great example why the Rooney Rule did not, does not work, and the Arlington Jonesboys have not gotten pass a divisional round playoff game or appeared in back to back playoff games in decades.

Not sure what it has to do with the Rooney rule. Also not claiming it's a perfect rule either.

That said I don't know enough about this coach to punk on him. I do know he did good work with some of their young wideouts and helped Golliday to a big pay day.

My biggest issue is that he's not enough. The fact we aren't addressing the OC or the line coach at a minimum is disturbing. KM couldn't adjust and we couldn't run the ball against cover 2, four man fronts.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Not sure what it has to do with the Rooney rule. Also not claiming it's a perfect rule either.

That said I don't know enough about this coach to punk on him. I do know he did good work with some of their young wideouts and helped Golliday to a big pay day.

My biggest issue is that he's not enough. The fact we aren't addressing the OC or the line coach at a minimum is disturbing. KM couldn't adjust and we couldn't run the ball against cover 2, four man fronts.

Compare this highlight resume to Kellen "boy genius" Moore's resume prior to his sudden elevation by the Arlington Jonesboys. Tell me who was more qualified to be an a QB and OC Prince or Moore 2018 to present?
  1. Spent 2014 through 2020 as the Detroit Lions' wide receivers coach, helping players like Kenny Golladay, Marvin Jones Jr., Danny Amendola and Golden Tate
  2. Because of COVID-19 protocols for Lions staff members, Prince served as the interim head coach on Christmas Eve in Week 16 last season
  3. Coached the Seattle Seahawks' wide receivers in 2009
  4. In 2007 and 2008, he was the Jacksonville Jaguars assistant wide receivers coach
  5. Prince was an offensive assistant with the Atlanta Falcons from 2004 through 2006
  6. He was born in Okinawa, Japan where he lived for first the 7 years of his life
  7. Played wide receiver collegiately at San Bernardino Valley College and Humboldt State
  8. Was offensive coordinator for the Recruit Seagulls in the Japanese X-Leauge from 1996-97
  9. Speaks Japanese
  10. Was an NCAA assistant coach for 17 seasons at Boise State, Colorado, Portland State and four other colleges
  11. Nicknamed the CEO--Chief Energy Officer--by Lions players during his coaching days in Detroit

Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score
Compare this highlight resume to Kellen "boy genius" Moore's resume prior to his sudden elevation by the Arlington Jonesboys. Tell me who was more qualified to be an a QB and OC Prince or Moore 2018 to present?
  1. Spent 2014 through 2020 as the Detroit Lions' wide receivers coach, helping players like Kenny Golladay, Marvin Jones Jr., Danny Amendola and Golden Tate
  2. Because of COVID-19 protocols for Lions staff members, Prince served as the interim head coach on Christmas Eve in Week 16 last season
  3. Coached the Seattle Seahawks' wide receivers in 2009
  4. In 2007 and 2008, he was the Jacksonville Jaguars assistant wide receivers coach
  5. Prince was an offensive assistant with the Atlanta Falcons from 2004 through 2006
  6. He was born in Okinawa, Japan where he lived for first the 7 years of his life
  7. Played wide receiver collegiately at San Bernardino Valley College and Humboldt State
  8. Was offensive coordinator for the Recruit Seagulls in the Japanese X-Leauge from 1996-97
  9. Speaks Japanese
  10. Was an NCAA assistant coach for 17 seasons at Boise State, Colorado, Portland State and four other colleges
  11. Nicknamed the CEO--Chief Energy Officer--by Lions players during his coaching days in Detroit

Ok, sorry I didn't understand what context you were talking about the Rooney rule in. I agree KM wasn't/isn't qualified for the job. I'd happily roll the dice on Prince over KM at this point.

Aven8

Reaction score
I just read that we tried to extend Henry and he turned us down! Lol

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/ww...fer-mike-mccarthy-changes-dallas-amari-cooper

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No.

But he has influence on what they do and work on everyday at practice.

They don't adjust the game plan to fit what the WR coach practices, the WR coach practices what the OC directs and what the playbook and game plan calls for.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
You're under the impression the WR coach calls the plays?
He will have influence...that's for sure. When we run 12 bubble screens in a game next year...don't be surprised....there is your warning.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He will have influence...that's for sure. When we run 12 bubble screens in a game next year...don't be surprised....there is your warning.
Well then, I guess people are wrong to blame Kellen Moore for any of the play calling. Obviously it was the WR coach that was influencing that ….

Be realistic, if we run 12 bubble screens per game that will be on Moore and McCarthy. Moore makes the game plan, and McCarthy approves it.

And, realistically, wouldn't a WR coach rather showcase his receivers with intermediate throws and throws downfield? Why would his instinct be to rein them in?

Even aside from that, I'm a little confused by the accusation anyway. Clearly Stafford threw the ball downfield all those years Prince was in Detroit.
Golladay and Marvin Jones typically had very high yards per reception stats, and that wasn't from bubble screens

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Guys this is just a wide receivers coach; not a coordinator. The guy he's replacing, Adam Henry, was in Cleveland when they were horrible too. Prince has worked with Calvin Johnson, Golden Tate, Marvin Jones, and Kenny Golladay and all had huge numbers under his watch.

Is this a "meh" hire? Of course. But what qualifies as an "exciting" positional coach hire? I bet over half of Cowboys fans didn't even know who Adam Henry was.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just read that we tried to extend Henry and he turned us down! Lol

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/ww...fer-mike-mccarthy-changes-dallas-amari-cooper

Nobody makes us bleed our own blood.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Wonder if Jerrah sealed the deal with the new guy with a lap dance in his Jerry party Bus? Guess we are getting desperate these days.
R.84630a7a3c5eda50f5db80eb00f61494

fivetwos

Reaction score
Pretty much all we need now is a coach to teach Moore how to use film to adjust and scheme and Jerry's master plan is complete!!

What's McCarthys role again?

Rayman70

Reaction score
Pretty much all we need now is a coach to teach Moore how to use film to adjust and scheme and Jerry's master plan is complete!!

What's McCarthys role again?
stand around and eat whataburgers...