Twitter: Cowboys Coaches Speak On Coaching Environment and Players

OGCowboy

Reaction score
My take is whoever is responsible for this lovely mess we’ve gotten ourselves into as a heavy hitter nowadays.....please continue on with it vattos
Puro Cowboys

plymkr

Reaction score
It sounds like these guys are playing loose and confident. That's a great combination. Good job to all the coaching staff to provide a healthy environment for these men to thrive in.

plymkr

Reaction score

I'm a big Cooper fan. He's dropped a few here and there since coming to Dallas but he's been a force overall. I appreciate the tweets about Cooper that was posted on this thread because he's valuable to us. My favorite Cooper story was last year when Lamb recorded his first 100 yard game. Cooper saw that they posted Lamb's stats on the big screen and Cooper made sure Lamb saw it. Cooper said he wanted Lamb to savor and remember his first 100 yard game.

That's an unselfish teammate right there. I love me some Coop.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I'm a big Cooper fan. He's dropped a few here and there since coming to Dallas but he's been a force overall. I appreciate the tweets about Cooper that was posted on this thread because he's valuable to us. My favorite Cooper story was last year when Lamb recorded his first 100 yard game. Cooper saw that they posted Lamb's stats on the big screen and Cooper made sure Lamb saw it. Cooper said he wanted Lamb to savor and remember his first 100 yard game.

That's an unselfish teammate right there. I love me some Coop.

Cooper is quiet, unselfish and plays hurt and still makes plays. He is a true warrior. He is one of my favorite Cowboys.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
You really do not know Jimmy at all.

Or you were just too young to actually watch and experience those 90's Cowboys or Jimmy's Canes.

That defense all Jimmy and was super innovative in terms of the speed and physicality they played with.

NFL had not seen that kind of speed and gang tackling. He made the 4-3 Over vogue again.

Jimmy recruited LBs to play DE, DE's to play DT and safeties to play LB.

And with Woodson, he took an undersized LB in Woodon and made him an All Pro Safety that could also cover WRs in the slot.
That’s pretty much what I said….Jimmy determined players and culture (the type of team he wanted to be), but he never coached any position or group for Dallas. In the original post, Mike was being blasted for not coaching, yet not being given credit for the coaches he hired and directed orthe culture.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
That’s pretty much what I said….Jimmy determined players and culture (the type of team he wanted to be), but he never coached any position or group for Dallas. In the original post, Mike was being blasted for not coaching, yet not being given credit for the coaches he hired and directed orthe culture.

Not sure how this keeps going over your head.

None of these systems or philosophies are McCarthy's.

The defense is all DQ.

The offense is all KM.

McCarthy has no identity.

The 90's Cowboys were ALL Jimmy. It was his offensive philosophy but most importantly it was his defensive DNA.

Jimmy envisioned then gave birth to that defensive scheme.

And Jimmy made every critical decision on and off the field, including the GM decisions regarding personnel.