Cowboys counting on Deuce Vaughn?

Mr_437

Reaction score
Year 2 leap foe Deuce, big season loading. Zeke can backup Deuce.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Deuce makes the 53. If he is given the chances he needs to show out, he will be here. Malik Davis will likely be the guy that gets cut or sent to the PS.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I'd be shocked if he amounts to anything. When everyone was gushing over the feel-good story I was rolling my eyes. :rolleyes:
thats fair but he never received any meaningful reps last year, and it was behind a terrible run blocking line. Everything Pollard did he had to improvise or bounce it outside.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Well...if ya say so.

Because our run game was SO powerful as of yesterday. And a plethora of options now.
31 teams passed on signing Zeke last year when he was a free agent, only in training camp did the Patriots sign him and averaged 2.7 yards his last five games there last season yet the clown owner think Zeke can start...He's done, he has no burst, can't hit the hole anymore, a waste of a roster spot, and with other teams drafting running backs, you can get a better option when one is cut, why the rush to sign this spare is ridiculous, nobody was going to rush to sign Zeke..The running game problem with this club last year was Steele coming off an injury and Biadasz who wasn't far behind Steele with his horrendous blocking

TwentyOne

Reaction score
I was a fan of Vaughn’s play at KState, but was somewhat surprised that he received very little play last year. Based on the Cowboy’s refusal to play Deuce last year, one would assume that the Cowboys are not really counting on him this season to do a lot.

On the other hand, unless Zeke has regained his burst, some RB has to be guy capable of taking it to the house. I don’t think that’s Dowdle.

Do you think that the Cowboys plan to give Deuce an actual shot at RB, or is this just a feel good story that never went anywhere?

i think its more like that kind of counting:

referee-counting-over-boxer-pinklon-bettmann.jpg

Ken

Reaction score
If he is the plan, then I feel better about it. He can be a productive back in this league and a weapon.

Despite what all of the naysayers in this post say.

Creeper

Reaction score
I think Luepke has a better chance to do something in the NFL than Vaughn. Nothing against the kid but he got a bad break being so small. When he runs it looks like the length of his legs is holding him back. His best chance is being able to hide behind the OL, but that didn't seem to work well for him last season.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
31 teams passed on signing Zeke last year when he was a free agent, only in training camp did the Patriots sign him and averaged 2.7 yards his last five games there last season yet the clown owner think Zeke can start...He's done, he has no burst, can't hit the hole anymore, a waste of a roster spot, and with other teams drafting running backs, you can get a better option when one is cut, why the rush to sign this spare is ridiculous, nobody was going to rush to sign Zeke..The running game problem with this club last year was Steele coming off an injury and Biadasz who wasn't far behind Steele with his horrendous blocking
Right..thanks for proving my point better than I ever could.

If we address that o line we'll be a better offense regardless of who runs...zeke included.

If not it won't matter at all.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think Luepke has a better chance to do something in the NFL than Vaughn. Nothing against the kid but he got a bad break being so small. When he runs it looks like the length of his legs is holding him back. His best chance is being able to hide behind the OL, but that didn't seem to work well for him last season.
Poor luepke and that fumble. Hope he gets another shot.

rags747

Reaction score
Deuce was drafted because he Dad works for the team and it was a fantastic feel good story that made Jerruh look like a saint for a while. It has nothing to do with football.
Kind of like with Trotter on the Eagles?!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The new kick off rule is the only thing that may save him a roster spot.

Beaker42

Reaction score
I was a fan of Vaughn’s play at KState, but was somewhat surprised that he received very little play last year. Based on the Cowboy’s refusal to play Deuce last year, one would assume that the Cowboys are not really counting on him this season to do a lot.

On the other hand, unless Zeke has regained his burst, some RB has to be guy capable of taking it to the house. I don’t think that’s Dowdle.

Do you think that the Cowboys plan to give Deuce an actual shot at RB, or is this just a feel good story that never went anywhere?
He got very little play because he’s very little and produced very little. He adds very little.

Chasing6

Reaction score

If they were counting on Duece would they have signed Zeke? Hopefully it is a true committee and everyone gets some touches.

My guess is it will be Rico and Zeke splitting time.

Top 2 RB's for NE last year had 1,261 yards.

Top 2 RB's for Dallas last year had 1,366 yards.

Rico 600 yards - fresh legs 4.0 yards per carry.
Zeke 600 yards - short yardage back 3.5 yards a carry.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
they're counting on him around Christmas for the United Ways Christmas party. He's playing a dentist.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Right..thanks for proving my point better than I ever could.

If we address that o line we'll be a better offense regardless of who runs...zeke included.

If not it won't matter at all.
Still doesn't change the fact Zeke has no burst to hit the hole anymore....