Twitter: Cowboys create cap room with Zeke's contract

John813

Reaction score
I believe OTC already has the restructure done.

His 2022 cap hit is now 18.22mil. Up ~1.72 mil from before.
And 2022 is the last of his guaranteed base.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Ya know, everyone used to act like Jerry and Co were such geniuses for doing things like this, but they literally never convert it into any big time FA signings or anything. They just use it t give guys like Tyron Crawford and Jaylon Smith huge contracts instead.

FLWarpigrpig

Reaction score
Sounds like an injury pool. Gotta have some cap funds available in case you have to sign players to full out the roster during the season

USArmyVet

Reaction score
More kicking bad contract money down the road as usual by this dumb organization.

New Zeke contract with cap hit and dead money:

2021: $6.82M cap hit $36.9M dead money

2022: $18.2M cap hit $30M dead money

2023: $16.7M cap hit $11.8M dead money

2024: $14.3M cap hit $6M dead money

2025: $17.1M cap hit $1.7M dead money

2026: $16.6M cap hit $0 dead money

So Zeke not going anywhere for at least the next 3 seasons when he turns 29 years old.

blueblood70

Reaction score
this is sign they are looking at a quality backup QB at least weighing the possibility's..too me its the only true question going into the season..we have depth and maneuverability at most other positions..

i found it amusing and ridiculous that fans here worry so much about cap space and contracts..lmao who cares..the rams and 10 other teams are in far worse cap hell yearly and don't hear complaints..cap i an illusion and they can manipulate whenever they want..its like the stock brokers and the stock market moving invisible money around to manipulate the markets never ever having a tangible product..

as fan only football on the field matters..let the behind the scene crap be handled by professionals in the know..we are not in the know..

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Fully expected this and I think we will see other big contracts handled the same way. Anytime teams do these big contracts they do so with the intent of restructuring the contract to free up cap space. Cowboys are far from the only NFL team who does this.