Cowboys current draft position

Sydla

Reaction score
4 seems to be the tipping point. With Nooch, it's 4 or less. With Dalton, I suspect we could squeeze out a 5th win.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
We are currently at 6th.

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl

And will stay there unless Giants can somehow pull off the upset tonight.

The Draft Network's current 6th overall prospect:

Trey-Lance-getty-images.jpg

North Dakota State QB Trey Lance 6'3" 224
1 Pro: Trey is a good athlete with very good functional body strength.
1 Con: His accuracy is inconsistent, even with a clean pocket. This is mainly due to his mechanics slipping as the game progresses.

He reminds me of Dak Prescott at Mississippi State a lot, (especially the pro and con from TDN), only difference was Dak faced SEC defenses each week and this guy went against FCS teams.

I like him but I'm not ready to draft him 6th overall.

Sydla

Reaction score
We are currently at 6th.

And will stay there unless Giants can somehow pull off the upset tonight.

The Draft Network's current 6th overall prospect:

Trey-Lance-getty-images.jpg

North Dakota State QB Trey Lance 6'3" 224
1 Pro: Trey is a good athlete with very good functional body strength.
1 Con: His accuracy is inconsistent, even with a clean pocket. This is mainly due to his mechanics slipping as the game progresses.

He reminds me of Dak Prescott at Mississippi State a lot, (especially the pro and con from TDN), only difference was Dak faced SEC defenses each week and this guy went against FCS teams.

I like him but I'm not ready to draft him 6th overall.

6 is a tough spot. Too low to get Parsons but maybe too high to add Surtain or Farley.

Hmmmmmm. In this range is Lance and then maybe Waddle, Zach Wilson, etc. We don't need those guys.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Technically, we are 5th right now. Not sure if website wasn't updated earlier or just my error.

Improbable Giants win tonight gets us to the 4th pick.

TDN's 5th prospect is:

LSU WR Ja'Marr Chase

Pretty confident saying there is zero chance we would draft him at 5.

Sydla

Reaction score
Technically, we are 5th right now. Not sure if website wasn't updated earlier or just my error.

Improbable Giants win tonight gets us to the 4th pick.

TDN's 5th prospect is:

LSU WR Ja'Marr Chase

Pretty confident saying there is zero chance we would draft him at 5.

LOL. We are talking about Jerry.

We'll go 4 wide next year every play.

What stinks about this year having a Top 10 or Top 5 pick is outside Parsons, and I am not totally sold on him as a sure thing, there aren't any real dominant front seven players in this range and that's a position I'd have loved to pick early.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
LOL. We are talking about Jerry.

We'll go 4 wide next year every play.

It's okay, I've been telling @JBS that since the Jets winning 2 games and letting us get the #1 pick for Trevor Lawrence is highly unlikely, I'm all in on tanking for the 2023 (yes, 2023) #1 pick to draft the next Clemson QB D.J. Uiagalelei.

https:%2F%2Frubbingtherock.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fimagn-images%2F2017%2F07%2F15137595-850x560.jpeg

One, D.J. is that good.
Two, I'm not loving the 2022 QB class.
Three, Jerry's history is that he won't be able to move on from McCarthy quickly and I'm 100% convinced that McCarthy is not the answer.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
4 seems to be the tipping point. With Nooch, it's 4 or less. With Dalton, I suspect we could squeeze out a 5th win.
Where do you see three more wins on the schedule?

I see two at most and thats the Giants and the Football team

cjlopez

Reaction score
By next week we will be at 4th. Jacksonville and Houston play each other and one of them will drop below us. NY plays Washington...so if NY beats Washington next week and we lose to Pittsburgh we will move up to 3rd. If Jacksonville loses we will be at 3rd right behind Jets and Jaguars. I think Jags have a change to win one or two games so that what we have to hope for. The Jets are close, but they have a hard schedule.

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
We will finish with a top-5 pick

Lawerence
Fields
Sewell
Parsons
Chase

I really really dont want to pick lower than 3rd. I want Sewell or Parsons BADLY

I hope we are picking 3rd, and one of these other QB's jump so we can trade back and get a good haul for them.

Sydla

Reaction score
Where do you see three more wins on the schedule?

I see two at most and thats the Giants and the Football team

I wouldn't write off that last Eagles game either, especially if Wentz just keeps bumbling along like he has. If we had Dalton, we probably would have won Sunday night. And that 49ers game might be winnable given all their injuries. If Jimmy G is out, they aren't that good.

BigTimeBlues

Reaction score
I wouldn't write off that last Eagles game either, especially if Wentz just keeps bumbling along like he has. If we had Dalton, we probably would have won Sunday night. And that 49ers game might be winnable given all their injuries. If Jimmy G is out, they aren't that good.
Jimmy G is expected to miss up to 6 weeks, barring surgery, then he'd be out for the year.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I've been looking at the Tankathin website all year but @Risen Star 's post is a tweet from an NFL account, so I'd think that one is correct. 5th is a very different situation; we are literally just outside the Big 3 QB situation, as well as Sewell. Puts us in the Parsons conversation or a slight reach for one of the two elite CB's.