4. Dallas
  5. Tampa bay
Total Offense
  1. Arizona
  2. Kansas City
  3. Dallas
  4. Baltimore
  5. Buffalo
Not sure how that adds up to 1st, but whatever. I'll take 3rd any year as long as we're winning.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
What if Dak gets injured from a freak play?
Still no excuses?

It's a long season ahead for all of us homie.

No excuses. If Moore has to go out there at quarterback, we should still reach the Super Bowl.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
God. I hope not. 2016 was all flash. And no substance. Remember what happened against GB?

But so far this feels a little different to me. We'll see where it goes.

I'm still waiting to see one thing happen. Then I'll be completely on board.

I think it's important to remember that 2016 was Dak's rookie year. He's a better QB now.

But still, if the defense is not better, it might not make a difference. We got off to a slower start offensively, but when we started scoring points, we couldn't keep the Packers from answering.

I think this team more resembles Atlanta during its Super Bowl year under Quinn, especially defensively. The Falcons forced a lot of turnovers that year to support a strong offense (not sure if it was as good as ours, though). Fell short in the big game, though.

ultron

Reaction score
This is against some of the most talented defenses (I’m not talking about you Philly) in the league. Not the Jets, Texans, Jags, etc…

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Hoping this continues, but it's still so early and so many things can change from the here and there.

Just beat the next team and move forward.

I cannot help but like this teams chances. Our "realistic upside" was a top 5 offense and a middle of the road defense.

We are doing this without Gallup and Collins on offense and the defense has been a mash unit seeing Wilson, Gallimore, Hill, Watkins, Joseph, Neal and DLaw all missing significant time.

We're here with all of those guys out. We're clearly a young team on the rise as they learn a new defense

Neal is back at practice. Joseph is working the cords. Collins is out for two more games. The rest of the guys should matriculate back in over the next 5 weeks.

Lamb is better out of the slot and Gallup is an excellent outside receiver. Him coming back makes both spot much better.

Collins is a consistent pass blocker where Steele is not. Collins has elite power in the run game. Steele is quality but he does not have the drive and punch Collins presents. It opens up the offense a little when you don't have to slide the protection right by default. We can go for longer drops.

Basham has been a serviceable backup but DLaw is going to make it impossible to help across the line in pass protection. You cannot account for DLaw, Osa, Gregory, and 11 even with 7 man protections.

We need help at DT Urban get moved too easy when he is inside. Hamilton and Bohanna are fine holding the POA which is great for cohesion so they can rush as one but they do little else. Gallimore helps that quite a bit. Watkins and Hill we'll see.

We are going to end up with DLaw Gallimore Odighizuwa Gregory as the starting line. That is a massive improvement. Gholston, Basham, Bohanna, Watkins, and Hamilton/Hill are quality rotation.

Not that Smith is gone you can see what they are doing moving forward. Parsons is back at LB with DLaw coming back and the rise of Gholston. LB is basically Parsons and one or two of Neal, LVE, and/or Cox.

Just with the front 7, we look to improve markedly with DLaw, Gallimore, Neal, and Cox now in the mix.

The question in my mind is what are we going to get from Joseph and Wilson. The upside is huge with both.

Joseph would replace Brown who is the worst player on the defense right now. Brown is playing better but he still is too easy to target.

I like how our safeties have been playing outside of Hooker the other guys are not able to get from inside the has to outside the numbers on time. Kazee takes smart angles to cutouff RAC but that is less than ideal. Wilson was able to do that last year and be a playmaker besides. If Wilson can pick up from where he left off then it's a dynamic improvement.

That is the problem with those two There are enough questions about how they are developing that we cannot know where Wilson is or if Joseph is worth a ****.

I don't know I just really like where this team is and where it looks to be going. We can compete with anyone already. I can see where we are going to get better.

Zman5

Reaction score
I’m still not sold on Greg the leg being consistent.

Reactions: BAT