RELEASED Cowboys cut Bailey and Keep Maher!

IAmLegend

Reaction score
giphy.gif

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Not sure why people are so shocked. He's injured and not the same. At all. You could see it last season. And once a kicker starts to slip, there is no getting them back at that current team. A lot of it is mental. He wasn't even the same this camp and preseason. Time to move on. Last thing we need is to be held hostage by his health and mental state each and every kick. Kickers are a dime a dozen.

A

robjay04

Reaction score
I’m not sure about the cap implications but...

I remember reading that if that to put Frederick and the DT who is slipping my mind on IR. They need to release a veteran that is vested that’ll resign in a couple days.

This could be it.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Garrett did look pretty impressed when he nailed that 56 yarder Thursday night.

Got to have that kicker who can hit the long ones because your offense sputters out.
Was 57 yards and he had at least 5 more yards on it. That's a 60 plus FG. Garrett likes to go for FGs and having a guy that can hit 60 yards plus our defense can help.

plasticman

Reaction score
They have to know something we don't. Bailey has to be ailing, something not quite right with the leg. Something. It can't just be about the money. How many times does the kicker win a game in the last couple seconds or overtime? This decision could mean the difference between winning that playoff game. We will see.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
The end of last season spooked the team. Perhaps the experience with Vanderjact falling off a cliff mentally when he got here also played a role in this decision.

Carson

Reaction score
They have to know something we don't. Bailey has to be ailing, something not quite right with the leg. Something. It can't just be about the money. How many times does the kicker win a game in the last couple seconds or overtime? This decision could mean the difference between winning that playoff game. We will see.

Well. If it’s the old Bailey I would be mad.

But the Bailey of late, I’m not surprised by it.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Well Bailey cost us a couple games last year. Parcells was always right they are just kickers, dime a dozen. Ride them when they're hot ditch them when they cool off.