RELEASED Cowboys cut Kadeem Edwards and Brian Price to make room for Campbell and Redmond

MCMetal69

Reaction score
Cowboys cut Kadeem Edwards and Brian Price

We're Super Bowl Bound !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kaiser

Reaction score
I'd like to see Price on the PS, I think he got caught in the position flex problem. He wasn't as good at 1T as Woods but couldn't play both DT spots like Ross can. And Maliek Collins plays both so an insurance policy for Travis Frederick was a higher priority.

zekecowboy

Reaction score
Earlier today the Cowboys claimed two players off of the waiver wire. In order to add center Adam Redmond and defensive back Ibraheim Campbell they needed to create some room on the 53-man roster. They did that by releasing a couple of players this afternoon.

Guard Kadeem Edwards and defensive tackle Brian Price were let go. Edwards was a fifth-round pick of the Bucs way back in 2014. He bounced around until landing with the Cowboys practice squad in 2016. He was used extensively in preseason as a guard because of Zack Martin being out with his knee injury and Joe Looney having to step in for Travis Frederick.

Brian Price was acquired after being let go by Green Bay prior to the 2017 season and actually saw some time before going to IR with injury. Price was battling for a depth spot at defensive tackle but with the Cowboys improved defensive line situation, he’s been squeezed out.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...-dt-brian-price-to-make-room-for-new-arrivals

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Edwards I believe still has practice squad eligibility. He will probably go there tomorrow assuming nobody claims him.

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'd like to see Price on the PS, I think he got caught in the position flex problem. He wasn't as good at 1T as Woods but couldn't play both DT spots like Ross can. And Maliek Collins plays both so an insurance policy for Travis Frederick was a higher priority.
Wasn't Price playing with GB before we picked him up? Not sure if he's PS eligible. I could be confused though.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Hahahahaha and everytime I said price sucked I got flammed on here. He has never done anything except get blown off the ball 5-10 yards. Good riddance.
If you constantly post that everyone sucks eventually you get one right.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I know they're rookies but neither should be on the 53. I doubt they would be claimed and can revert to the practice squad
What Covington is fast and can play the run and covers. Decent depth that can develop.

Shultz will get playing time at the TE position. It's possible he could be the starter by the end of the year.

Edwards and Price are not even close to getting playing time much less contribute unless there is an injury.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Backup center and safety. Makes some sense. Esp since we traded for a guard already and had 6 DT.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m wondering about moves to come.

If Noah Brown, Datone Jones, and possibly Frederick go to IR, do Caraun Reid and Deonte Thompson come back on the active roster?

Kaiser

Reaction score
Wasn't Price playing with GB before we picked him up? Not sure if he's PS eligible. I could be confused though.

He was a late cut by Green Bay that we picked up the same way we picked up Campbell and Redmond today. From the stat sheet he didn't play for GB and was in 8 games for us last year before going on IR. Fuzzy has the exact rules but I'm 99% certain he can be on the practice squad.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I'm liking both these moves. Edwards was the worst non-Chaz lineman we had, and I never saw the hype with Brian Price at all. Good to know there's still some sanity in the front office after the Dan Bailey cut.

Curious to see if Caraun Reid gets called up. The Cowboys signed him a few days before preseason game 4, so I'm guessing they liked him if they brought him in that late into the roster building process. Then he tore it up in the game - I just now got around to watching the Texans game and he was a beast. I'd be shocked if we didn't keep him after he nailed his 1 game audition.

_sturt_

Reaction score
I’m wondering about moves to come.

If Noah Brown, Datone Jones, and possibly Frederick go to IR, do Caraun Reid and Deonte Thompson come back on the active roster?

My guess... yes on Thompson... but we still haven't actually filled the FS hole with anyone, and Collins can be that 3rd DT-1 if necessary.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My guess... yes on Thompson... but we still haven't actually filled the FS hole with anyone, and Collins can be that 3rd DT-1 if necessary.

Good point. But my thinking was that they liked what they saw of Reid in the short time he was here. Garrett even singled him out by name specifically, without being asked about him directly. And if they were to acquire that safety, I think they just cut one of the knees they have on the roster right now.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Good point. But my thinking was that they liked what they saw of Reid in the short time he was here. Garrett even singled him out by name specifically, without being asked about him directly. And if they were to acquire that safety, I think they just cut one of the knees they have on the roster right now.

That's all plausible as well.