News: Cowboys - Dan Quinn agree in principle on DC deal

Loso86

Reaction score
but you are saying that Campo was so much worse than Garrett and that’s not true

Garrett just acted better and had a LOT more talent but he was just as much garbage as Campo was. Give Campo Garrett’s team with Romo and I guarantee he’d get 8-8 like Garrett did. so yes, Garrett was the worst HC we’ve ever had
Lol...you just literally so they were equally bad...sooooo lol

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Nolan stunk though. Players or not. I am not sure why people keep trying to convince themselves otherwise and that he was a poor victim of the players.
If you watched the team all season it was 100% more on the players than the coach

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
It's kind of weird to think that Terrell McClain might have been our best DT over at least the last five years. Everywhere else he's been just a guy, which tells you how bad our tackle situation has been.

Irving was

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Irving was

When he was out there, which wasn't much between injuries and suspensions. McClain gave us a really good full season in 2016.

But I agree that Irving was the most talented player we had on the interior during that time period.

Seth5545

Reaction score
Based on this news, I’m doubling my Cowboys to win the Super Bowl bet as soon as the lines are released.

We have been blessed by the football gods my fellow fans! This is amazing news.

Dont throw away your money like that. Throw it at me

aria

Reaction score
Dont throw away your money like that. Throw it at me
You sound like my wife, lol. Sometimes when I make bigger bets, especially on the Cowboys, she’ll say “how about you give me 1K and let me kick you in he nuts”? That’s pretty much what it feels like when I lose.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
You sound like my wife, lol. Sometimes when I make bigger bets, especially on the Cowboys, she’ll say “how about you give me 1K and let me kick you in he nuts”? That’s pretty much what it feels like when I lose.
That's a good woman.
Except for the nuts thing.

Haimerej

Reaction score
If you watched the team all season it was 100% more on the players than the coach

You're the coach. You're stuck with T Crawford. You ask him to 2 gap or 1 gap? He's clearly better as a 1 gapper but Nolan forced him into 2 gapping. He did the same with Hill, Woods, and Gallimore. Didn't simplify until later in the year.

As a coach, you want to win, right? Do you think asking players to do more when they already struggle with simple assignments helps reach that goal?

bigE79

Reaction score
checked. And that was many moons ago. He will be like how he was recently, aka his Atlanta defense and his (in)ability to go into prevent as soon as his team scores a TD. In addition to that, why is it that as soon as he left Legion of Boom for Atlanta, his defensive rankings dropped? Cause he SUCKS. It’s likely he wasn’t the one responsible for greatness that was legion of boom.
And what else are we to base him off of?? Example, JG. He was supposedly “a great coordinator” turned even worse HC, and now that he’s coordinator again, he STINKS!! Same goes to Quinn. We know how this stuff plays out, especially for Dallas. It’s just a matter of rather you get fooled by it, and it appears you are, sadly. This time next year, you’ll agree with every post I and others like me have said. It’s only a matter of time.
JG might suck,but he beat us once,and should have won the first game and they were a Commanders loss away from the playoffs...not sticking up for him but those are the facts.

bigE79

Reaction score
I think you are one of those fans who does not understand that Campo had trash at QB and a no talent team whereas Garrett wrecked the career of a top 5 QB (Romo)

so please spare me
Campo was in a no win situation from the get go,team was in cap hell,with no help in site,he was the scapegoat for jerry but I will say,his team's never gave up or quit on him unlike a certain team who lost to phillys jv team with the playoffs on the line..total choke job by all.

Majic

Reaction score
Interesting that Arthur Smith has come in as head coach and within a day or two has decided to rip up Dan Quinn's 4-3 DEF that has been built over a number of years and switch to a 3-4 with Dean Pees. Obviously didn't like what he saw.

ESisback

Reaction score
Interesting that Arthur Smith has come in as head coach and within a day or two has decided to rip up Dan Quinn's 4-3 DEF that has been built over a number of years and switch to a 3-4 with Dean Pees. Obviously didn't like what he saw.

Kinda, but most new coaches change stuff, don’t they?