Video: Cowboys DB's vs Saints

Blackthorn

Reaction score
@SoupcanSam Thanks for posting.

I have watched the game several times now. Jones, Brown, Lewis, and Awuzi virtually had blanket coverage the entire game. Almost all of the passes were contested and the window was closed on Brees. The Dallas team was not going to sit back and get picked apart. I am not a fan of zone, however it worked as well. I saw one match-up where Wilson picked up Thomas on a crossing route and blasted him. Woods and Heath also had an elite game. Woods delivered as the free-safety well not allowing any receiver to run past him.

All of the defensive players should make the pro-bowl after last night.

ultron

Reaction score
100% credit to Voch Lombardi - excellent break down and content. Check out his YouTube if you aren't already a subscriber!

Frozen700

Reaction score
I have watched the game several times now. Jones, Brown, Lewis, and Awuzi virtually had blanket coverage the entire game. Almost all of the passes were contested and the window was closed on Brees. The Dallas team was not going to sit back and get picked apart. I am not a fan of zone, however it worked as well. I saw one match-up where Wilson picked up Thomas on a crossing route and blasted him. Woods and Heath also had an elite game. Woods delivered as the free-safety well not allowing any receiver to run past him.

Thats what I loved the most, that we refused to sit back and get picked apart. We played agressive in your face D, and if we get beat, you are beating us by battling

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
The whole defense was dominant. The coaches had an excellent game plan. We played aggressive throughout the game. In some of our past games there were big holes in the middle of our zone D or we gave up big completions on 3rd down while playing man. Hopefully this D has just taken the BIG step from very good to DOMINANT!!!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
It really amazes me of the discipline this group has picking up their guys in such heavy crossing traffic thru out the whole game.

Also pay attention to how we are using lewis.

everyone played their part. they are taking into the coaching, the scheme and trusting each other. Lewis had 8 snaps and he carried out his assignments perfectly and had one Int and almost another one.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
I know everyone says how great the saints offense is. However really thinking about it they haven't exactly lit it up against the two quatlity defenses they faced this year. They faced the ravens earlier in the year and put up a respectable 24 points, and then us. No other team they have faced has a quality defense. You can say the rams (who they put up 45 on), but the rams strength is there front four, nothing else.

I just feel the saints didn't matchup well with us. A defense that is solid all three levels. Limit micheal thomas and where else does brees go with the ball consistently?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think we're benefiting both from great players, but from essentially two defensive coordinators who have split the defense up with both focused on what they do best. Kris Richard handling linebackers and secondary and coverage, and Marinelli handling defensive line and run defense. A perfect marriage now delivering awesome results.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
@SoupcanSam Thanks for posting.

Yes that Lewis and
Jourdan lewis on Kamara most of the night was an excellent move. Check mate!!

Yep Lewis had the speed and size to match Kamara. I believe Richard should start using Lewis on tougher matchup guys like that every game.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
I know everyone says how great the saints offense is. However really thinking about it they haven't exactly lit it up against the two quatlity defenses they faced this year. They faced the ravens earlier in the year and put up a respectable 24 points, and then us. No other team they have faced has a quality defense. You can say the rams (who they put up 45 on), but the rams strength is there front four, nothing else.

I just feel the saints didn't matchup well with us. A defense that is solid all three levels. Limit micheal thomas and where else does brees go with the ball consistently?

Dont forget that browns game in week 2. The browns could have beat them but kept shooting themselves in the foot.

Browns had a top defense.