Video: Cowboys DB's vs Saints

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
I think we're benefiting both from great players, but from essentially two defensive coordinators who have split the defense up with both focused on what they do best. Kris Richard handling linebackers and secondary and coverage, and Marinelli handling defensive line and run defense. A perfect marriage now delivering awesome results.

Wish I could give more likes for this!

ultron

Reaction score
This is a copycat league, so I anticipate that other defenses will do the same thing. It will be interesting to see how boy genius adjusts the Saints offense.

I agree and I'm sure there's something our guys saw that Atlanta did on Thanksgiving. I had a feeling Drew would either bounce back and drop 400 yards/4 TDs on us or he'd crap the bed! I'm glad he crapped the bed (thanks to our defense)!

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It really amazes me of the discipline this group has picking up their guys in such heavy crossing traffic thru out the whole game.

Also pay attention to how we are using lewis.

He is very generic.

Better knowledge than the average fan but it does not seem like he really studies a lot of game footage. He seems to just "study" as he is making the video.

He replayed a clip of Byron Jones turning to run with the receiver but he never mentioned anything about Jones using the Richard Sherman (Kris Richard) press technique. The clip was a good example of it although Jones didn't get an ideal press but his press and turn which Richard Sherman and Kris Richard call the kick-step was excellent. In simple terms they press and turn and the press actually slightly helps with the turn and run motion.

I see that Awuzie is now using it more. Early in the season he was not really playing the kick-step style which I think of as a hard-press. He was playing the common press-retreat (soft-shoe) style.

I'm not certain what the video guy thinks they do in true Dime Coverage. In Nickel a CB replaces the SLB. In Dime another DB replaces the WLB. There is a little bit of uniqueness with how they are playing Lewis in Dime but a DB is "playing" a LB spot either way.

Lewis played 8 snaps on defense but he had a big impact on a per snap played basis.

Reactions: BAT