Cowboys DC Mike Nolan & Multiple Front Defense

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's a 3-4. Regardless of how the other players line up, if you have 3 linemen with their hand on the ground, it's a 3-4. Where the linebackers line up, or the dbs line up, is just a variation of the theme. Probable blitz package with one linebacker and one db showing blitz. May not come of course, but that's just what the quarterback has to decide...
looks like 3-4 cover 1 man
Yes, it is a 3-4. This was KC's run downs defense.

@quickccc

quickccc

Reaction score
Yes, it is a 3-4. This was KC's run downs defense.

@quickccc

But you do realize (finally?) that KC Chiefs are a base 4-3 scheme, right ?
That's the bottom i've been describing to you and Damien Wilson's role as an OLB in that base defense.

Regardless of what single snap shot of a "situational " formation that the Chiefs D' are using in their defense, which could be
an overload, change up, nickel, etc. .....

And as i've said before, you don't have to take just my word for it, you can always go to KC chiefs full games per YouTube videos yourself
see their base defense, roles of players, see their change up, 3rd down nickel and hybrids during the course of the game, ..and defense in it's entirety ..vs a simple single snap shot where you have to wildly guess formations n situations that they are using.

https://www.chiefs.com/team/depth-chart (4-3 defense)

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's a 3-4. Regardless of how the other players line up, if you have 3 linemen with their hand on the ground, it's a 3-4. Where the linebackers line up, or the dbs line up, is just a variation of the theme. Probable blitz package with one linebacker and one db showing blitz. May not come of course, but that's just what the quarterback has to decide...

That was my 1st thought a 3-4, showing blitz. Bringing the LB's up on the LOS. Even if they backed out of the blitz.
Was this a short yardage situation, from the Offense formation.