Twitter: Cowboys declined 3 trade offers to stand and take Lamb

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think from a talent perspective, the cowboys made the right choice to not trade down.

Drafted a dude with true #1 WR capabilities, whereas we could have probably gotten a late 2nd and 3rd round pick if we’d traded down which might have become two average starters. I’d take the high end talent of Lamb

Reaction score
I think from a talent perspective, the cowboys made the right choice to not trade down.

Drafted a dude with true #1 WR capabilities, whereas we could have probably gotten a late 2nd and 3rd round pick if we’d traded down which might have become two average starters. I’d take the high end talent of Lamb
Agree. It’s a passing league and Lamb is elite.

texbumthelife

Reaction score

I like this perspective, too.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

It's hard to see any team offering even half of the premium on from the 6th they considered him to a 17, and I didn't see a lot to excite me after him besides. I do want to hear about the offers, though.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
It was probably a 3rd and 4th at most based on draft trade chart unless it was at the bottom of the round. 49ers could have been in discussion too as they traded up 6 spots but didn't have draft capital to make a deal. Lamb was the last high end player on the board.