Twitter: Cowboys defense leads the league in interceptions with 22

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Which year was the thurman thieves and how many Interceptions that year ?

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When's the last time theyve done that?
Done what?
Had 22+ interceptions? We had 24 in 1999. The team record is 37 in 1981.
Led the league in interceptions? We did that in 1981. I don't think we've done it since (and maybe never before as well).

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes.

As a comparison, Byron Jones has 4 in his entire career. Remember when Byron fans used to mock those who wished he generated more turnovers?
I remember people mocking the folks who said Byron was a trash CB. I don't remember anyone getting mocked for saying, "I wish he'd generate more turnovers."

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Crazy stuff..no one thought we would be 10-4 now with a top ranked defense carrying as many games as the offense, I certainly did not. Thats what championship team are built off of..one unit is down the other wins the game, dont let the "we cant win with this" crowd fool you...this is exactly how you win, top 5 offense and a top 5 defense..this team has something going.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
If this defense can continue on it's trajectory and start heating up for the playoffs.........

giphy.webp

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
What is our "points made of turnovers" ratio compared to other teams? So including Pick sixes and the first drive after the turnover?