Twitter: Cowboys defense leads the league in interceptions with 22

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I remember people mocking the folks who said Byron was a trash CB. I don't remember anyone getting mocked for saying, "I wish he'd generate more turnovers."
I don’t remember people saying Jones was trash. The wishing for more interceptions was interpreted as being trash because he was only being judged on one stat. Fact was he wasn’t a playmaker and people didn’t believe he was worth a large contract. They were right.

I know because I debated what I considered to be his biggest fan @QuincyCarterEra for years on the subject. Even after Jones left for Miami, shots were being taken.

Last edited:

Cowboyny

Reaction score
So Quinn is not the turnover guru that he is getting credit for being?
If you remember, the defensive turnovers started in the 2nd half of last season, MM and his staff do deserve some credit. Quinn has continued and took it to the next level.

conner01

Reaction score
3 straight games with 4 forced turnovers. 3 straight road wins :)
Winning the turnover battle generally leads to winning games
And it’s exciting football so fans love it which helps ratings
Win-win all the way around

DripTooHard

Reaction score
So glad we got rid of clowns like Byron Jones who had no ball hawk instincts or skills. Byron would be 90 years old before getting 10 career INTs. In Dallas it was as if he was running around in a straight jacket.

reddyuta

Reaction score
we should have 35 Ints,we have dropped some sitters this season.

Gaede

Reaction score
incredible after being so utterly inept in that department for years. jordan lewis paying dividends as well. i always liked that guy and glad to see him getting some shine

Same here. Looks like Quinn found a role for him. Thankfully. He may be small but he plays violent, and will make plays

Ekspozed

Reaction score
Done what?
Had 22+ interceptions? We had 24 in 1999. The team record is 37 in 1981.
Led the league in interceptions? We did that in 1981. I don't think we've done it since (and maybe never before as well).
Yes to all!
You're more helpful than Alexa .

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
incredible after being so utterly inept in that department for years. jordan lewis paying dividends as well. i always liked that guy and glad to see him getting some shine

Yeah, his game has noticeably improved, I’ve noticed his solid and physical tackling in particular.