CFZ Cowboys Dodge Elements as Old Man Winter Beats Up Santa

T-RO

Reaction score
Just a quick word for anyone planning air travel... to maximize Christmas holidays.

Suppose flights are cancelled for many cities Friday, and a few cities Saturday...that will likely ripple through and have potential impact travel for up to a week, as airlines will already be maxxed out. Spending days in an airport? Not fun!

Airlines are now saying: leave today if you can.

T-RO

Reaction score
This is stuff for the record books. Denver...

+53 degrees at 4pm
-11 degrees at 9pm (forecast)

Live reports of a 30 degree temperature change in !!!FIVE MINUTES!!!

I'm waiting to see a white walker

Imagine leaving for a Cowboys game...and by the time you return home...temps had dropped over 60 degrees! (Not gonna happen in Dallas; just imagining)

:omg:

Last edited:

Carson

Reaction score
This is stuff for the record books. Denver...

+53 degrees at 4pm
-11 degrees at 9pm (forecast)

Live reports of a 30 degree temperature change in !!!FIVE MINUTES!!!

I'm waiting to see a white walker

Imagine leaving for a Cowboys game...and by the time you return home...temps had dropped over 60 degrees! (Not gonna happen in Dallas; just imagining)

:omg:

At least Randy Gregory knows how to stay warm out there

T-RO

Reaction score
PIGSKIN INSANITY LOOMS!

Updated forecast:
Saints @ Browns
12 degrees, Wind-chill: -18. Wind Gusts to 63 MPH (!), 50% chance snow; BLIZZARDY BLOWING SNOW

Not quite as bad elsewhere, but the winds, blowing snow, wind-chills are going to be crazy this weekend.

Objects could be tossed around in the wind, so concession sales might cease.

Throwing the ball or kicking could become literally impossible.

T-RO

Reaction score
Cowboys forecast:
70 degrees
Winds out of the northwest at .0001, gusting to 10mph when Jerry opens something up.

T-RO

Reaction score
giphy-downsized-large.gif

This + Cold + Football!?!?

Just how crazy could this get? Let's look at history.

freq_wind.svg

The windiest game in the dataset was a low-scoring 2011 outing between the St. Louis Rams and the Cleveland Browns. The wind was recorded at a whopping speed of 40 mph in Cleveland.​

This was from some research. Do think the Pats-Bills game last year was over 40.

40 MPH tops all NFL history.

Here is Saturday forecast:
Foxborough, 23MPH, 47 MPH gusts
Cleveland, 29MPH, 63 MPH gusts

Last edited:

triplets_93

Reaction score
Dallas hasn't had a game this year where they've faced any of the trio of trouble: wind, cold, wet. Nor will they on Sunday, playing in the cozy enclosure of their dome.

What dome is Dallas playing in on Sunday???

:laugh:

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
yep it sucks to never see Dallas play in a snowstorm at home. Raise the dome, Jerry.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
PIGSKIN INSANITY LOOMS!

Updated forecast:
Saints @ Browns
12 degrees, Wind-chill: -18. Wind Gusts to 63 MPH (!), 50% chance snow; BLIZZARDY BLOWING SNOW

Not quite as bad elsewhere, but the winds, blowing snow, wind-chills are going to be crazy this weekend.

Objects could be tossed around in the wind, so concession sales might cease.

Throwing the ball or kicking could become literally impossible.

I'm less than 100 miles from Cleveland. The forecasts/warnings here are off the charts. I just hope my power doesn't go out.

blueblood70

Reaction score
It will be cold against Washington.

But by the point, Dallas has likely locked up the 5 seed and Washington is already in or out.
correct likely be our BYE game where we rest all the starters, we can but will try and win.. coper rush with Malik and many OL backups and Brown and TY as the wrs and Hendershot the starting TE lol heck we might still be able to win :)

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
We will have to play outdoors in the playoffs better to do it now than postseaon and get whacked cause teh boys are too cold

blueblood70

Reaction score
AS ,long as KM UNDERSTANDS,

our ol and run game suit cold wet weather and that's the games that we should plan to run 35+ times early and often. Our OL are better run blocker then pass, so lets get that back going in outdoor games and the playoffs. have to pass sure but want to see us use 3 back system and a lot of motion and get going.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We will have to play outdoors in the playoffs better to do it now than postseaon and get whacked cause teh boys are too cold

1st game most likely at TB, or could be NO, Atlanta, Carolina. Warm or domed, and Carolina can be cool to cold, rain, type weather, but probably not freezing. Or could be in the 60's.
Depending what happens in the other games, unless a WC wins a game, and we win then we will be at SF or Minnesota, so dome or maybe same conditions as Carolina in SF.

Then would be in Philly or if the WC team upsets Philly, we get the NFCCG at home.

Most likely the 2nd game would be at Philly though.

SacredStar

Reaction score
38° in KC yesterday. Woke up to light snow today and -26° wind chill.

T-RO

Reaction score
I'm less than 100 miles from Cleveland. The forecasts/warnings here are off the charts. I just hope my power doesn't go out.

I'm hoping with you nobody loses power! (Kinda praying too, but I'm not so good at that)

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I spent eight years of my life in Alaska. Did work a bit on the northern extreme of the state, right on the Arctic ocean.

Do recall one time where my boss had failed to furnish our trucks with extreme winter attire, and we almost stalled out in a blizzard with 40 below wind chills. It's absolutely no joke to say: if we'd got stalled...we would have died. In some situations there simply is no cavalry, no rescue party. And in 50 below wind chill...you hit hypothermia fast.

The irony? Our work mission was the design of safety training to workers there. I soon left that company.
Glad you're still with us. :)
I assume the pay was good, that's why you were working in Alaska. ;)

T-RO

Reaction score
Glad you're still with us. :)
I assume the pay was good, that's why you were working in Alaska. ;)

Thanks! :) Lived there eight years, 90% of the time self employed in Anchorage. (Designing databases and in advertising). Awe-inspiring state.

Last edited:

T-RO

Reaction score
Hope everyone is safe and you have power to your home.

Now to the point of my post this morning: Goodell's NFL and its owners are a human catastrophe. In a hundred ways.

The following games should ethically be delayed. A day or two delay would work fine. Of course the NFL won't do it for reasons we under$tand. Fans shouldn't be traveling or out exposed drinking beer in such conditions. Players shouldn't be sprinting, grinding and absorbing hits in such conditions.

Goodell is a moral fraud or would delay 24-48 hours:
Buffalo @ Chicago - Game time -14 Wind Chill
New Orleans @ Cleveland - Game time -21 Wind Chill
Las Vegas @ Pittsburgh - Game time -18 Wind Chill

The hoped-for Cowboys assault of the Eagles today? Fair Game, reasonable player/fan conditions. Die Eagles, Die.

Last edited: