News: Cowboys Draft 2016: Which Running Back Fits Best?

CCBoy

Reaction score
Cowboys Draft 2016: Which Running Back Fits Best?

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2016/1/21/10781744/cowboys-draft-2016-which-running-back-fits-best

...There has been some hype about the Cowboys taking either Ezekiel Elliott or Derrick Henry, the two RB prospects with the highest profile. However, while running back is a big need, it's not as pressing a need as quarterback, cornerback, or even wide receiver. That said, the Cowboys should wait until the middle rounds to take their running back of the future, and the guy that makes the most sense is Utah's Devontae Booker...

When I see McFadden, I see a guy that may not have the cutting ability to perform successfully in a zone-blocking scheme. In fact, the Cowboys had to create plays using a man-blocking scheme to get the most out of him, as his slashing trait worked best in that scheme. A guy like Booker fits the zone-blocking scheme to perfection with his ability to find the hole, his field vision and awareness, and with how he can diagnose the blocking in front of him.

Standing at 5-foot-11, 210 pounds, there will be some knocks on Booker for his size, and his speed isn't the best either, given he's been projected to run a 4.56 40-yard dash. Nevertheless, Booker's speed isn't a big deal in between the tackles. He's extremely shifty and because of his smaller frame, his low center of gravity makes it difficult for linebackers and cornerbacks on the second level and beyond to bring him down. Let's take a look at a few clips and see exactly why Booker would make perfect sense in Dallas...

tm1119

Reaction score
Alex Collins in the 2nd or Jordan Howard in the 3rd. I like Dixon, Booker, and Perkins a good bit, but I'm leaning towards a guy with a little more meat on his bones at the moment.

bodi

Reaction score
take your pick
Alex Collins, RB, 5-11 #220 Ark
Jordan Howard, RB, 6-1 225 Indaina
Devontae Booker, RB, 5-11 #215 Utah

Kenneth Dixon, RB,5-10 #215 Louisiana Tech
Kenyan Drake, RB,6 #210 Ala
Jonathan Williams, RB, 5-11 #225 Ark

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Two years from now......Prosise. Outside of Zeke he is the back who eventually would be the best for the combo ZBS/MBS we like to do. Combining that with excellent recieving skills

Unfortunately Im not willing to wait and let a HB take that much time to develop before the 5th round. So Im gonna go with Collins

Hardline

Reaction score
I am a huge Elliott fan. But at our current draft slot I would go Tredwell in the first and hope Henry is there in the second. Then Collins is my next target should we miss on Henry.

gmoney112

Reaction score
Collins in the 3rd. I like him a lot, I think he'd be a great fit in a ZBS.