News: Cowboys Draft Dilemma: Winning Now Or Later?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Easy to say they aren't Rodgers....in that draft no one thought Aaron Rodgers was Aaron Rodgers or he wouldn't have lasted into the 20's. There were a ton of people that poo poo'd Big Ben and Flacco as well. How has that worked out for their teams?

I am getting to to the point where I don't think there is a sure fire impact player at 4 at any position, so in that case you either trade down if you can get value or take the QB.

Ehhh I remember that draft a little different. I'm not sure why Rodgers fell but I remember prior to the draft some analysts thought he was better than Alex Smith. Most suggested that Alex Smith wouldn't be a future HOF'er or All Teamer due to his game not translating to the NFL. I know I was far more impressed by Rodgers than Smith. And once again, there's a difference between picking at 12 or the late 20's like Flacco and Ben R were. We are talking about a top 5 pick. If i'm picking at 12 or 13 or whatever Ben R was at or if i'm picking in the 20's like the Packers and Ravens did I wouldn't be afraid to gamble or Wentz or Goff.

In regards to your last point........I think Ramsey and Jack are impact players but i'm not sure if the best move isn't to trade down and get another draft pick and get Elliot with your 1st pick.

I guess that's the difference, I don't think they pale in comparison myself. I think Wentz is just as good a prospect though is more raw and needs to fully develope which is fine since we don't need him today

So you spend that 4th overall pick on a raw player who needs more time to develop? That sounds like a 2nd round pick to me.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The people who tell themselves that are the people who wonder why their organization has been wandering through the desert for years.

There is no doubt in my mind that if the Cowboys ignore the QB situation in this draft, some of you same people will be *****ing 2 years from now when we have no QB.

The guys who want a quarterback are EXACTLY like the Titans, Vikings and Jaguars who settled for quarterbacks just because they felt pressured to need one. As a result, Ponder is already a journeyman, Locker is retired and Gabbert is a backup. You can find a quarterback all throughout this draft. Connor Cook will be out there and a few other guys.

Easy to say they aren't Rodgers....in that draft no one thought Aaron Rodgers was Aaron Rodgers or he wouldn't have lasted into the 20's. There were a ton of people that poo poo'd Big Ben and Flacco as well. How has that worked out for their teams?

I am getting to to the point where I don't think there is a sure fire impact player at 4 at any position, so in that case you either trade down if you can get value or take the QB.

Ehhh I remember that draft a little different. I'm not sure why Rodgers fell but I remember prior to the draft some analysts thought he was better than Alex Smith. Most suggested that Alex Smith wouldn't be a future HOF'er or All Teamer due to his game not translating to the NFL. I know I was far more impressed by Rodgers than Smith. And once again, there's a difference between picking at 12 or the late 20's like Flacco and Ben R were. We are talking about a top 5 pick. If i'm picking at 12 or 13 or whatever Ben R was at or if i'm picking in the 20's like the Packers and Ravens did I wouldn't be afraid to gamble or Wentz or Goff.

In regards to your last point........I think Ramsey and Jack are impact players but i'm not sure if the best move isn't to trade down and get another draft pick and get Elliot with your 1st pick.

I guess that's the difference, I don't think they pale in comparison myself. I think Wentz is just as good a prospect though is more raw and needs to fully develope which is fine since we don't need him today

So you spend that 4th overall pick on a raw player who needs more time to develop? That sounds like a 2nd round pick to me.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Can debate whether Rodgers should have been picked earlier, FACT is that he wasn't. Twentysomething teams had a shot and I am sure there were several of them that badly needed a QB and passed by him. And yes, a lot of people felt Smith was a system QB. oing back now Rodgers should have been the number one pick in that draft.