Cowboys draft rankings 17-34 revealed

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think Tyler Smith is going to be better than people think. Playing inside at guard will ‘hide’ some of his issues with technique. And it will also play to his strengths and power. Opponents will have to deal with him more inside.

Long term, it wouldn’t shock me to see him be so good at left guard that they decide to not move him.
I do the LG could be a long term possibility too. An LT could fall into their laps next draft. At pick 24, that is definitely not to high to have a career OG. I do really like the idea of him playing RT long term. They are more important in pass pro then 10 years ago, and catalytic in the run game. LT's are still more valuable, but teams dont bat an eye spending a top 10 pick on RT's anymore

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
If it's your job to grade this draft, I would feel bad for you, except no one will ever hold you accountable for what you come up with.

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
Wonder how many NFL teams gave the photo of the Cowboys list to their IT departments and had it deciphered before the start of Day 2 of the draft?

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I think you are going to get a really mixed year out of Smith. I think they will be able to get him to wear he go out and mash with big dudes like Payne and Davis. But I think he will also have games like our interior had with Chris Jones, and even though he killed Atlanta, Grady Jarrett
I think all these players are super raw and need a lot of work. Tyler smiths tape i saw some technique that would be awful even in high school.

DominantD

Reaction score
This makes me think in the 2nd round, they would have been tempted to trade to get Ojabu. We took a DE in round 2. Ojabu had slipped to 45 and we had him ranked 26.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do you have a sense of humor?
Don’t call me a liar, as I do not lie.

Same for anyone that likes your response as well.

That prior comment absolutely WAS a lie. Keep those to yourself.

The rest of us have seen the Joneses expose their draft board year after tear after year. We live in the real world.

Convince yourself otherwise if you feel the need but keep it to yourself.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That prior comment absolutely WAS a lie. Keep those to yourself.

The rest of us have seen the Joneses expose their draft board year after tear after year. We live in the real world.

Convince yourself otherwise if you feel the need but keep it to yourself.

Do not tell me what to do, then you need to take your own advice and keep your opinions to yourself as well.
Stop calling me a liar.
As I asked, do you have a sense of humor…should I have put a laughing emoji there for you to understand.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do not tell me what to do, then you need to take your own advice and keep your opinions to yourself as well.

I’m not the homer throwing another buddy guy and attacking fans because Jerry or the Cowboys did something stupid. That’s you. That’s your M.O.

Stop calling me a liar.

Then stop lying.

As I asked, do you have a sense of humor…should I have put a laughing emoji there for you to understand.

When something is actually funny? Absolutely. But a crybaby fan blaming fans for Cowboys mistakes isn’t the least bit humorous.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Can we be upset that their board was wrong? Green and Johnson both better than Smith lol
That’s nothing more than your opinion. Time will tell. The fact is they preferred Smith so they made the correct pick based on their board. Like I said, time will tell if they were right. But, the fact that you, or any fan, doesn’t agree means absolutely nothing.