Cowboys Draft: Virginia Safety Juan Thornhill Scheduled To Visit Dallas

Doomsday101

Reaction score
The original post in the thread specifically says he has "position flexibility." I don't know anything about the dude. Just going based off what's here.

I know I was just pointing out he is a true safety. I agree that if Dallas were to draft him then put him at his natural position.

erod

Reaction score
This is who they want, but he'll be long gone.

They'll have to trade up.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Dallas doesn't do smokescreens. Haven't something like 90% of their picks been pre-draft visits since McClay got here?

Also, I'm sick of position flex crap. How'd that work out for Byron Jones? Just get a guy who accels at FS in a single high look. Thanks.

I can seriously only remember byron Jones and the flex situation. It's not really a trend of theirs.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Hard to say I have seen several different projections of where he may go. from the mid 40's into the 50's

I haven't watched him but if the guy is a legit safety and he's posting 44 inch verticals then NFL teams will be all over that.

The Vertical is the new 40. It is probably the best measurement for explosiveness.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I haven't watched him but if the guy is a legit safety and he's posting 44 inch verticals then NFL teams will be all over that.

The Vertical is the new 40. It is probably the best measurement for explosiveness.

I'm not saying when he goes only that where he is projected to go could put him at the Cowboys pick or at least in range to move up to get him without being more than a 4th rd along with our 2nd to get him, if the Cowboys choose to go that direction. Right now we can't say who will slide in this draft and who will rise as team continue through these workout and interview sessions.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
think Thornhill is gonna end up going in the first few picks in round 2 or could end up in the last picks of round 1

Maverick84

Reaction score
Love dogs.
giphy.gif

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So why is he a 2nd round pick if he has the physical gifts of former 1st rounders but is a better football player?

If a player has "unknowns" it often causes them to go lower in the draft than their physical ability would indicate.

Thornhill played both Safety and CB until 2018 when he played Safety full time. Some analysts think he'll need some time to adjust to playing Safety in the NFL.

Also he has the build and measurable(s) of a Free Safety but is thought to have been at his best near the line in 2018.

Beaker42

Reaction score
I don't think it is much of a smoke screen, Dallas will be brining in a lot of potential draft choices. Dallas is also meeting or has met S Johnathan Abram out of Miss St
Abram is the kind of S who’s going to be drawing flags for unnecessarily big hits - just a feeling. Give me Hooker.