Cowboys EX Godfrey sister is shot!

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
VALDOSTA, Ga. (AP) -- The sister of San Diego Chargers linebacker Randall Godfrey was found fatally shot in her car Tuesday after a wreck following a chase by her former boyfriend, police said.

Deidre Miller, 29, may have been shot before the chase, which ended when her car ran into a clump of trees two houses from her home in northern Lowndes County, sheriff's detective Wanda Edwards said.
1.gif

1.gif

Authorities were searching for Julonda Lecedrick Clayton, 28, of Jacksonville, Fla.

Edwards said Clayton dropped off Miller's 4-year-old son at his daycare center, and the child told daycare workers that Clayton shot his mother.

Godfrey, who played at the University of Georgia, was drafted by the Dallas Cowboys in 1996. He also has played for the Seattle Seahawks and Tennessee Titans and is in his second year with the Chargers.

Chargers spokesman Bill Johnston said Godfrey had been informed. "He's aware and he has gone to be with his family," Johnston told The Associated Press.

Miller picked up her son from her mother's house Tuesday morning to take him to daycare. The child was in the car during the chase.

Edwards said it appeared Miller sped out of her driveway and Clayton followed. She could have been trying to drive through a clearing in a neighbor's yard, the detective said.

Zman5

Reaction score
That sux. I always liked Godfrey. I thought we should have kept Godfrey instead of Coakley.

burmafrd

Reaction score
I will bet that there had been problems there for a while; wonder if there was a restraining order? Not that they seem to work very often. You are constantly reading about someone with a restraining order just going out and killing the wife/girfriend.
They need to tag anyone with a restraining order so that they can tell right away if he is getting near- then they can just go over there and shoot the piece of garbage!

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Senseless death...

May he rot in Hell expediciously...

Prayers to the family...

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
I hope Florida has the death penalty if indeed this a$$hole shot and killed her infront of her son. :bang2:

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
burmafrd said:
I will bet that there had been problems there for a while; wonder if there was a restraining order? Not that they seem to work very often. You are constantly reading about someone with a restraining order just going out and killing the wife/girfriend.
They need to tag anyone with a restraining order so that they can tell right away if he is getting near- then they can just go over there and shoot the piece of garbage!

Well, the report says he took her son to the daycare...seems like the day started with them getting along. Sad story, the guy will be in jail a very long time.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Everlastingxxx said:
Well, the report says he took her son to the daycare...seems like the day started with them getting along. Sad story, the guy will be in jail a very long time.
How do you get this if the child told the daycare people he had shot her? How is that getting along?

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
Hostile said:
How do you get this if the child told the daycare people he had shot her? How is that getting along?

"Edwards said Clayton dropped off Miller's 4-year-old son at his daycare center, and the child told daycare workers that Clayton shot his mother."

Misread it, guess they didn’t get along. :eek::

JakeCamp12

Reaction score
I hope the police find him before Godfrey does.....Godfrey is a pretty big boy...

burmafrd

Reaction score
The sad part is the dead mother and the traumatized son. That piece of excrement that killed her is not worthy of anything except a short rope so that he slowly chokes to death.

MadCow

Reaction score
My thoughts and prayers are with the young boy, Godfrey and his family. Truly senseless.

Question... Have you ever heard of a man named JULONDA. Very different.