Twitter: Cowboys expect Steele and Pollard to be ready for start of training camp

goshan

Reaction score
I've been saying since day 1 that Pollard would be ok in plenty of time for training camp.

I don't get all the hand wringing over him.
Just people not being smart and spit balling their own ideas without looking at the facts. It's a broken leg and sprained ankle. 3-4 month recovery.

Rayman70

Reaction score
:huh: sounds to me like he is saying they def want LVE back but he may get a better offer from another team we can't match. Don't think the tag is for him is a consideration at all. That tag has Tony Pollard's name on it ......%100.

the Jones family resemblance is uncanny

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Dallas threatens to tag Pollard, behind the scenes.

Which makes his agent butt hurt.

Dallas trying to force a low ball deal?
I think they've been pretty transparent that tagging Pollard is probable. Don't think that they are trying to force anything. I think it's just an indication that they want to keep him but don't want to be forced to give him a long-term deal right now, kind of like it was obvious that's what they wanted to do with Shultz, then try to see if they can get a good deal. For the Joneses, this is more of just how they do business. They know Pollard's agents aren't going to accept a low-ball offer, so tag him and then check as the offseason progresses if his side wants to negotiate.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
ACL recovery on a Lineman is way different then a receiver. Lineman don’t cut or plant like skilled position players. He will recover much faster and won’t be effected as much.

T-RO

Reaction score
count on Steele like we did gallup with no insurance policy.
Steele will have a full additional month to recover compared to Gallup.

We don't know the status on Tyron Smith or Jason Peters. Waletzko is in development. I don't see any reason to criticize FO on this position at this point.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
These two imbeciles don't exactly give me much confidence regarding FO matters. Tagging Pollard is stupid, unless it is mostly a threat to his agent foreseeing a low ball offer. I would doubt they really use it on him. I hope they are setting their sights on drafting a RB early in the draft.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
These two imbeciles don't exactly give me much confidence regarding FO matters. Tagging Pollard is stupid, unless it is mostly a threat to his agent foreseeing a low ball offer. I would doubt they really use it on him. I hope they are setting their sights on drafting a RB early in the draft.
Not saying you’re wrong, but curious about your logic here. I get thinking tagging pollard is dumb if you devalue the RB position altogether, but if that’s the case why turn around and use a high draft pick on a RB? I would actually think pollard would be the better plan in that scenario just because of the price. Difference between a first round rb and a top tier free agent is probably 7-8M where as the cost difference in a 1st round wr vs a top free agent wr is probably closer to $18m

Maybe I’m misunderstanding the “why” behind your post though.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
Good to hear. Jerry and Stephen were spot on with Gallup last year, so I'm very confident Steele and Pollard will be 100% and ready to go.

quickccc

Reaction score
They have not cut Tyron yet.

I expect them to keep Tyron with the plan to play him at LT and Tyler at LG.
- That would mean not re-signing McGovern or another free agent OG.
- If Steele is not ready game 1, then Tyron at RT, Tyler at LT and make do at LG.
- Peters is another short terms option at RT.
i expect a late round rookie draftee or bargain cheap swing man vet to be brought in for depth purposes.

if we could re-sign McGovern cheaply to a one year deal , would you do it ?

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Pollard likely gets the tag but I might be tempted to use it on LVE. We may be able to reach a reasonable long term deal for Pollard. Signing LVE to a long term deal is slightly more precarious considering his neck/back issues.
You gotta be kidding me (using tag on LVE).