Twitter: Cowboys expected to inform Garrett today that there will be no extension

slick325

Reaction score
Worst kept secret in the Metroplex I'm sure...you can tell by Garrett's demeanor the last few weeks that he knew the end was near. Just look at how he left the field yesterday as if he was taking it all it one last time as HC of the Cowboys.

IAmLegend

Reaction score

giphy.gif

Jason 82 Witten

Reaction score
Guys, Urban Meyer isn't coming here. You'll get Dan Campbell and like it.
I knew there would be someone who pretended to know exactly what the Cowboys would or would not do. I don’t know why think you’re in the know because you’re not

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I can't believe they put those guys through that.

everytime someone interviews for head coach of an NFL team, it raises their profile and gives them incredible experience about the process allowing them to better prepare for future interviews. Both things can help them land a future job so what you call a sham is actually extremely beneficial for them unless they blow it. Even if they know they won’t get the job but go in there and interview well, that gets around the league and can help them get future interviews.

Staubacher

Reaction score
So long as the idiot is gone, I don't care how it's done. Lived off the Jones teat and played fantasy coach for a decade.

Let him go fail somewhere else, I hope it's New York. They won't wait 10 years to whack him

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Commanders interested in Urban Meyer as GM? I wouldn't be surprised if Urban takes that job. Jerry moves too slowly.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Commanders interested in Urban Meyer as GM? I wouldn't be surprised if Urban takes that job. Jerry moves too slowly.

Also it means Urban gets the task of rebuilding that org without the headache of coaching and dealing with the player level bs.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
everytime someone interviews for head coach of an NFL team, it raises their profile and gives them incredible experience about the process allowing them to better prepare for future interviews. Both things can help them land a future job so what you call a sham is actually extremely beneficial for them unless they blow it. Even if they know they won’t get the job but go in there and interview well, that gets around the league and can help them get future interviews.

Is there any examples of guys that have gone through this process, got turned down, and eventually got a job because of this?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

That's a waste of his talent.

I want Urban Meyer coaching my players. Not picking my players.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
That's a waste of his talent.

I want Urban Meyer coaching my players. Not picking my players.
True, but look at it from the point of view that Urban gets full control with very good pay, what other options do the Commanders have. If the money is right, people do all sorts of things.