Cowboys Experimenting With Tony Pollard at Wide Receiver in OTAs

Hardline

Reaction score

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I read on the official website the main reason Pollard was playing receiver was the Cowboys were shorthanded at the position. McCarthy mentioned something about a few wideouts being "under the weather" so Pollard, who played WR at Memphis, jumped in.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
The more touches that Pollard gets as receiver, the better and more dynamic this entire offense becomes.
That should have been fast tracked, look at how Pollard can be dynamic, more dynamic, why would anyone not endorse this.

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
If only we had enough WRs then we wouldn’t have to pick up 10 in FA and experiment with RBs at WR

If only .....

e983b5b11591a4d237ccd20c84be5d29.jpg

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Im feeling thick,, can you splain yourself further?
In my opinion, for as much Zeke is getting paid, he should automatically be a 3 down RB. He's the one who should be out there running passing routes and getting the ball thrown to. So...why is it Tony Pollard getting placed out there on passing downs, instead of Zeke? Why pay Zeke so much money if you're not going to use him on passing downs?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
In my opinion, for as much Zeke is getting paid, he should automatically be a 3 down RB. He's the one who should be out there running passing routes and getting the ball thrown to. So...why is it Tony Pollard getting placed out there on passing downs, instead of Zeke? Why pay Zeke so much money if you're not going to use him on passing downs?
Its just the evolution of the game, those days are long gone, but we pay the contract for an elite RB, thats cool and I like what Zeke still can bring, but it doesnt matter how much you pay a player, Zeke cant carry the whole load and neither can Tony, we need to quit trying and compare the RB1 and 2 and find a legit RB3 that can contribute.

Last edited:

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Guess what Im saying is Im a greedy fan that wants to find another RB that can help out this season, help out spell Zeke on occasion.
Not another Pollard type, he is fine, his role is fine,, can Dowdle be the big back to spell Zeke,, this is the question this roster has.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
It is a process

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
It’s early in OTAs, so this is the time that coaches like to experiment a little bit and try out some looks they might not in-season. Cowboys Head Coach Mike McCarthy appears to be doing just that, revealing that dual-threat running back Tony Pollard has been taking snaps at Wide Receiver.

https://insidethestar.com/cowboys-e...edium=FeedBlitzRss&utm_campaign=insidethestar

He can be used as a mismatch weapon, starting him in the back field then swing him out to slot or outside, now either he is matched up against a WR or one of the other Wars gets favorable matchup, or they are forced to play a saftey up on him which gives us advantage in running game.

Run this formation 2,3 or 4 times a game and it's enough to create problems for the defense

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score