Cowboys family, let's enjoy

Wood

Reaction score
It's week one, and I have no real complaints.

This is unusual for me, and really for a lot of Cowboys fans. We're used to hard wins or harder losses on opening day.

Many younger fans haven't even seen Dallas win a championship. People of my age and era are lucky to remember at least the three rings our Boys won and I was at least alive and literally in the flesh present for another one.

But yes, we won today, easily.

Dak played better than he had any reason to do, far better than even the "dakzoids" expected.

They didn't need to lean on Zeke. They honestly hardly used him.

What we saw was a team, playing together, doing their best, executing and having actually good coaching and game plan from the staff.

Will this continue to week 2, or 3 or 4. Maybe, maybe not. But we can all agree, this is a hopeful day. Half of the NFL loses on week one, but it's better to win and win the Cowboys did.

So, victory week. Lets all celebrate together. And lets absolutely hope what we saw today is the portent of things to come. It's not always the case in week one, but maybe this time we've found the sauce we needed to make it work.

I remember those opening day/night games with Giants being big clashes. What I saw today was Zeke & Cooper getting their training camp work in.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score

This is unusual for me, and really for a lot of Cowboys fans. We're used to hard wins or harder losses on opening day.

Many younger fans haven't even seen Dallas win a championship. People of my age and era are lucky to remember at least the three rings our Boys won and I was at least alive and literally in the flesh present for another one.

Dak played better than he had any reason to do, far better than even the "dakzoids" expected.

What we saw was a team, playing together, doing their best, executing and having actually good coaching and game plan from the staff.

Will this continue to week 2, or 3 or 4. Maybe, maybe not. But we can all agree, this is a hopeful day. Half of the NFL loses on week one, but it's better to win and win the Cowboys did.

So, victory week. Lets all celebrate together. And lets absolutely hope what we saw today is the portent of things to come. It's not always the case in week one, but maybe this time we've found the sauce we needed to make it work.
what the hell is a dakzoid? your olive branch stinks it reeks of backhanded compliments.

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
Hey...I admit...I'm spoiled. I'm used to seeing Boise State's offense rock people. I get it ...that people found a new drug tonight. For me....I still see the details that need to cleaned up. And trust me....there is a lot. People want to point out...Dak had a perfect rating...bla bla bla... Dak also missed wide open people streaking for scores early in the game. He just didn't see it. That's bothersome. Our defense...jesus...I'm beyond concerned. We got scheme problems...We got personel problems. We got guys playing in wrong positions...We got guys not ready to play...We got coaches playing favorites...even though it's clear...a few of these guys best place should be the bench. I'm not so sure it will work itself out....our D coordinators are pretty stubborn. Don't think it's a talent issue....we got enough bodies. Question is...are we gonna figure this out?
I'm pretty sure that D-law and LVE both had a sack

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score

I'll admit to being a little surprised in 'green lighting' the #4 into running the ball himself, twice ,by design, as I know he's gonna do what he's got to do in facilitating the drive's chances of scoring, but,I was always kinda' under the impression( since, after his rookie season) that
" somebody " told him to stop doing that, either out of concern for the injury risk,,, or,,, that scrambling ability isn't the kind of quality we're wanting to see in our pocket passer.