Cowboys Fans Are Embarrassing Karens

Pass2Run

Reaction score
We spanked the heck out of this team. Even though they put up a fight in the first half (the clock stops ticking after the 2nd half), the Cowboys were playing a good game.

But you wouldn't know that by our fans' comments in the gameday thread.

I read comments from "Ryan > Prescott," to things like Kelvin Joseph is the devil, and even the proverbial 27 years nonsensical gamblers fallacy mantra.

I actually have a good time watching the Cowboys, especially this year. But some of our fans must be so miserable.

What was Joseph supposed to do? Grow eyes in the back of his head? Jump up and doing a spinning WoW attack move? I mean, his penalty in the first half was more about him trying too hard to make a play. I'd rather a young player like KJ try too hard than not try enough.

The Dak trolls take the cake though. Every QB throws INTs, just like every CB gets beat. You don't win or lose games in a single drive, or a single quarter. But you wouldn't know that by listening to what all the reactionary Nancy's say about this current team, which is one of the best, if not the best, team in football.

I finally had to duck out, because I don't roll like that. I'm not afraid to criticize anyone on the team, or even the team at large. But this schtick from our fans is pathetic and out of control.

Not pointing fingers, here. But you know the ones I'm talking about.

mldardy

Reaction score
We spanked the heck out of this team. Even though they put up a fight in the first half (the clock stops ticking after the 2nd half), the Cowboys were playing a good game.

But you wouldn't know that by our fans' comments in the gameday thread.

I read comments from "Ryan > Prescott," to things like Kelvin Joseph is the devil, and even the proverbial 27 years nonsensical gamblers fallacy mantra.

I actually have a good time watching the Cowboys, especially this year. But some of our fans must be so miserable.

What was Joseph supposed to do? Grow eyes in the back of his head? Jump up and doing a spinning WoW attack move? I mean, his penalty in the first half was more about him trying too hard to make a play. I'd rather a young player like KJ try too hard than not try enough.

The Dak trolls take the cake though. Every QB throws INTs, just like every CB gets beat. You don't win or lose games in a single drive, or a single quarter. But you wouldn't know that by listening to what all the reactionary Nancy's say about this current team, which is one of the best, if not the best, team in football.

I finally had to duck out, because I don't roll like that. I'm not afraid to criticize anyone on the team, or even the team at large. But this schtick from our fans is pathetic and out of control.

Not pointing fingers, here. But you know the ones I'm talking about.
Agreed game threads are embarrassing.

Hardline

Reaction score
Which one of the Karen's are demanding to talk to the manager?

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
*shrugs*

I get what you're saying. But this is what fans do. Fan being short for "fanatic". We get emotional about our team, often unreasonably so. Not everyone can be Vulcan-esque. :laugh:

Sydla

Reaction score
A few things.

The reason why they create game threads is simply just a place to vent, cheer, complain, praise, etc things/players that go on during a game.

It's downright bizarre that some of you get so pissy about what's said in the heat of a game in a game thread. Sure, some of it's silly but that's what happens to any fanbase in a game like that where we were in a dogfight heading into the 4th Q against a bad team.

What exactly do you guys want? Game threads that just are like........

"Man, that's a tough play but the boys are trying real hard!"

"Go Cowboys!"

"Yeah, Lamb, you dropped that ball. But that's OK. I still love you. You are my favorite player!"

"Oh man, that stinks, we lost to the 1-14 Jags. But that's OK! Fight another day boys!"

"Even though we lost to a bad Giants team, I really feel that this team is making a run this year despite sitting at 4-8!"

Pass2Run

Reaction score
*shrugs*

I get what you're saying. But this is what fans do. Fan being short for "fanatic". We get emotional about our team, often unreasonably so.

Sure.

But this goes beyond fanaticism.

To me, it's more about ego, and it's truly pathetic.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
A few things.

The reason why they create game threads is simply just a place to vent, cheer, complain, praise, etc things/players that go on during a game.

It's downright bizarre that some of you get so pissy about what's said in the heat of a game in a game thread. Sure, some of it's silly but that's what happens to any fanbase in a game like that where we were in a dogfight heading into the 4th Q against a bad team.

What exactly do you guys want? Game threads that just are like........

"Man, that's a tough play but the boys are trying real hard!"

"Go Cowboys!"

"Yeah, Lamb, you dropped that ball. But that's OK. I still love you. You are my favorite player!"

"Oh man, that stinks, we lost to the 1-14 Jags. But that's OK! Fight another day boys!"

"Even though we lost to a bad Giants team, I really feel that this team is making a run this year despite sitting at 4-8!"

It's just so extreme, though. Like one bad play, and the arm-chair GMs are ready to fire X, Y, and Z... all at once.

Over one play.

There's nothing wrong with fanaticism and criticism. But the stuff I'm talking about isn't even accurate.

It's like a hissy fit sausage fest in there.

I mean, I know children with more sense.

Oh well.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
List them by name. A Karen is a disgruntled customer demanding to see the manager. Who is the manager?

Definition is wider than that.

More like a snobby, irrational, privileged (yet dense and reactionary) woman...

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I guess this post hit home with someone special...

Exactly my point.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Once upon a Time when men were men and there was no internet forums to vent and voice your opinion about every little thing

Men just watched the game were left alone with their thoughts and maybe went to the bar had a couple drinks and talked about what happened with a couple other guys and then it was the end of it.

Nobody wasted their time writing down their feelings about every little thing.

We've become soft with too much time on our hands.

Compared to the real men who saved the world in world war II we're all a bunch of Karen's and Nancy's

Sydla

Reaction score
It's just so extreme, though. Like one bad play, and the arm-chair GMs are ready to fire X, Y, and Z... all at once.

Over one play.

There's nothing wrong with fanaticism and criticism. But the stuff I'm talking about isn't even accurate.

It's like a hissy fit sausage fest in there.

I mean, I know children with more sense.

Oh well.

But that's fanaticism. It's not unique to this place. It's something all fanbases go through. Frankly, if anyone is a karen, it's those that whine about what's said in a game thread.

Sydla

Reaction score
Once upon a Time when men were men and there was no internet forums to vent and voice your opinion about every little thing

Men just watched the game were left alone with their thoughts and maybe went to the bar had a couple drinks and talked about what happened with a couple other guys and then it was the end of it.

Nobody wasted their time writing down their feelings about every little thing.

We've become soft with too much time on our hands.

Compared to the real men who saved the world in world war II we're all a bunch of Karen's and Nancy's

No, the "real men" got drunk and yelled stupid **** to their friends, or at people at the bar, or at the TV screen.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
You're right we have a bunch of Karen's, but it's for different reasons. This fan base is by far the whiniest in sports when it comes to complaining about the refs. We also have a lot of excuse makers, i.e. there's always someone else to blame. We have lots of great fans as well, but for whatever reason the Cowboys fan base is loaded with this type of fan.

John813

Reaction score
Every game thread is like that across every active fanbase. It's not just here that fans overreact. I've seen it on NBA and NHL forums too.

Miami fans were imploding yesterday calling out coaches/players etc, even though the week prior they were thinking they had a legit SB shot.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Simple.

Many of them aren't really fans, they're people who like to whine, complain and draw attention to themselves. Or they know little about football so all they can do is make nonsensical comments.

But they're all over. I grew up watching the Cowboys in a small town in East Texas. Moved to Houston in the late 70's (yeah, I'm old) and thought "Gee, maybe I'll become an Oilers fan as well as a Cowboys fan, except of course I'll pull for the Cowboys to beat the Oilers when they play and for SB wins".

But the local paper had a call-in section, and some Oilers "fan" called in and said "Well, yes the Cowboys have more wins, titles, etc. but Bum Phillips is a better coach than Landry because his record in his first two (or three, whatever) years was better than Landry's".

Ignoring of course the fact that Landry's first years were with a brand-new team vs. the Oilers who were already well established.

And other dumb comments as well.

Turned me off the Oilers permanently. So don't be too hard on the Cowboys "fans" you mentioned, I don't consider them fans, just posters on a website....