Cowboys Fans in-fighting vs. Arguing with Giants/Skins/Eagles Fans

Michael88Irvin

Reaction score
You know what's sad is that I have similar arguments every season with a great friend of mine who is a Giants fan (we are the best of friends, EXCEPT during FB season) whether we are 12-4 and the Gmen are 6-10 or we are 5-11 and they are 9-7 going to the Superbowl, I'm sure you know what I am talking about.. those arguments are understandable, and a good time to some extent (because we hate the Giants, and I can't stand Eli, but I digress...)

The thing is, I can't believe I am having to stick up for my team against SO MANY other "Cowboys fans". I seriously don't get the number of anti-Cowboys Cowboys fans on here. There have been an unbelievable number of Cowboys fans that have given up on our team and pleading for us to tank the season so we can get a better draft pick ?!.

It's hard to understand how fans can become SO jaded, especially in a season where we unexpectedly lost our starting (top 5 in the NFL) QB - twice - for most of the season. AND lost our best (top 5 in the NFL) receiver for several weeks... Overcoming that, and playing as well as we have despite losing Romo AND Dez has made me an even bigger fan. I tend to look at the big picture, and am a glass half full optimist, and am able to see the improvements that some may overlook. A 16 game season is a marathon, and sometimes it takes longer to gel, especially when you lose top players at your MOST key positions (losing Dez AND Romo to start the season, Sean Lee for many games, etc). Had that not happened, our season would have been beautiful I'm sure, but overcoming adversity is something to be admired. I am proud that our team has not given up, even though we have endured many CORE losses.

The power of positive thinking produces amazing results... if the naysayers in here can find it within themselves to think positive (may be hard to overcome years of pattern thinking, but it is well worth trying - it is a better way to live), it will go a long way toward achieving the result we all hoped for to start the season (a strong playoff run). I realize that some evidence and confidence will be required to convert some of the harder core naysayers, so once we pound the Skins on Monday night - I'm saying when we beat the Skins IN THEIR HOUSE by 10 or more, can you start pulling together and start believing in our team once again?

Victory is guaranteed. Winning the division is a certainty. Let's go...

sureletsrace

Official CZ Homer
Reaction score
Fans are jaded because this team has not won a trophy in 20 years.

The offensive and defensive schemes are outdated and easy to beat. Romo is only getting older. We have more talent than the average NFL team, yet we're wasting it away with pitiful scheming.

I've been one of the biggest Garrett supporters over the years, but the reality is, his scheme is just bad.

The many, many things that I like about Garrett are not enough to outweigh the complete failure in regards to scheme and adjustments.

aria

Reaction score
I don't even know where to start. I'll just say this, it's convenient to blame the entire season on injuries but it goes much deeper than that. Everyone was healthy vs the first game against the Giants and it took a Giants incompetent QB and coach to hand us that game. TR gets injured half way through Philly game and we still won. Yayyyy...then we see how bad Philly is. We had opportunities to win other games but poor coaching cost us. Dez comes back and drops the ball in critical situations, can't blame that on Cassel. TR, our hero, comes back, barely beats a horrible Miami team and everyone gets excited. Then we get the TR I expected, choked when it mattere most.

Surely we would have won more games with Dez and Romo but not near what everyone acts like. With both of them healthy I'd be surprised if we were more than 2 games ahead of the rest of the NFC East at this point. I hate to say it but based on what I've SEEN and not imagined that's not far fetched.

Our D sucks, Hardy and Gregory aren't who we thought they were. Gregory still has potential but time to cut bait wih Hardy. Our O-line is good, above average, but not "great". We can make all the excuses we want about our O line...Romo wasn't there, they loaded the box, etc etc etc. We saw what happened against a top tier team in Carolina (who I thought we would beat).

It goes on and on. End Rant. Sorry but I'm obviously frusturated and glad to get that off my chest :)

Last edited:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
The power of positive thinking produces amazing results.......it helps, but only for the ones actually doing it.
Fans positive or negative thinking has no effect on the outcome of football games.
If your at the stadium, then maybe it helps a little, by cheering for your team.

What is said here doesnt affect the players, none of them come in here and read this stuff, or I doubt any of them do.
They do read some twitter stuff, but thats another medium.

Fans wanting to tank the season are just playing the odds , getting the high draft pick is way more likely and easy to do.
Trying to win out ,very low odds, and most see it as only winding up with lower draft pick.

The way I look at it is whatever happens happens, they either win or lose , I cant affect it either way.
It is possible dallas wins out, but not very likely.

aria

Reaction score
No reason to hold back.

For the record, I still think we can win the NFC east but not because how good we are or could be but due to how horrible the NFC east is. Even if we did, I'm not going to pretend we would have some miraculous run, we're not that good with or without Dez and Romo. Better, yes. Great, no.

waving monkey

Reaction score
I'm with you on the Ra Ra sis cum ba thing. Seasons are much more fun
as life is when your positive. But I think we can find out more about our team by
playing for next year. Find out about players that we dont know enough about.
We're not winning much going forward, sorry.

Zman5

Reaction score
I tried to stay positive by trying the clap thingy JG loves to do. Like most of his skits, it didn't work.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Stop coming into every thread and spewing the same thing. We've all heard what you've had to say....over and over. Go to the Jerry/Garrett bash thread for it guys.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
The topic is fandom and infighting here vs other fans. Stay on topic please.

Trendnet

Reaction score
You know what's sad is that I have similar arguments every season with a great friend of mine who is a Giants fan (we are the best of friends, EXCEPT during FB season) whether we are 12-4 and the Gmen are 6-10 or we are 5-11 and they are 9-7 going to the Superbowl, I'm sure you know what I am talking about.. those arguments are understandable, and a good time to some extent (because we hate the Giants, and I can't stand Eli, but I digress...)

The thing is, I can't believe I am having to stick up for my team against SO MANY other "Cowboys fans". I seriously don't get the number of anti-Cowboys Cowboys fans on here. There have been an unbelievable number of Cowboys fans that have given up on our team and pleading for us to tank the season so we can get a better draft pick ?!.

It's hard to understand how fans can become SO jaded, especially in a season where we unexpectedly lost our starting (top 5 in the NFL) QB - twice - for most of the season. AND lost our best (top 5 in the NFL) receiver for several weeks... Overcoming that, and playing as well as we have despite losing Romo AND Dez has made me an even bigger fan. I tend to look at the big picture, and am a glass half full optimist, and am able to see the improvements that some may overlook. A 16 game season is a marathon, and sometimes it takes longer to gel, especially when you lose top players at your MOST key positions (losing Dez AND Romo to start the season, Sean Lee for many games, etc). Had that not happened, our season would have been beautiful I'm sure, but overcoming adversity is something to be admired. I am proud that our team has not given up, even though we have endured many CORE losses.

The power of positive thinking produces amazing results... if the naysayers in here can find it within themselves to think positive (may be hard to overcome years of pattern thinking, but it is well worth trying - it is a better way to live), it will go a long way toward achieving the result we all hoped for to start the season (a strong playoff run). I realize that some evidence and confidence will be required to convert some of the harder core naysayers, so once we pound the Skins on Monday night - I'm saying when we beat the Skins IN THEIR HOUSE by 10 or more, can you start pulling together and start believing in our team once again?

It's easy to be negative. It's easy to post nonsense like "Cowboys scheme is bad", when in reality the people who post that, don't know what the hell they are talking about. You get crap like "even my nine year old was calling out plays", when you know that's just well.... bull. It gets repeated ad nauseam, and at that point the whole board is just repeating itself over and over and it looks like a bunch of negativity when it reality it is compartmentalized thinking and group think. Nothing more.

It's harder to be positive, which is why you don't see it as much. Reality is the Cowboys are 3-8 and have their starting QB play 2 full games, so the board will be negative. And plus, there are fans who are more interested in their internet rep and their I told you so (I mean how many times have you seen some ****** come along and play victim by saying something stupid like "I've been saying all along he sucked and I got ripped on this board") then they are interested in the Cowboys themselves.

Football is entertainment. If they can't find entertainment in the game, then it's a problem with them and not the Cowboys.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I understand the angst many here feel and I can't blame people for complaining. At the very least some of it is legit and a lot of it I agree with although not to the same degree. I don't have a problem with the OP but I'd personally not dwell on the positives or negatives now. It may be a better time to wait for the season to end then do what every corporation does in reflecting on why things went astray.

Michael88Irvin

Reaction score
It's easy to be negative. It's easy to post nonsense like "Cowboys scheme is bad", when in reality the people who post that, don't know what the hell they are talking about. You get crap like "even my nine year old was calling out plays", when you know that's just well.... bull. It gets repeated ad nauseam, and at that point the whole board is just repeating itself over and over and it looks like a bunch of negativity when it reality it is compartmentalized thinking and group think. Nothing more.

It's harder to be positive, which is why you don't see it as much. Reality is the Cowboys are 3-8 and have their starting QB play 2 full games, so the board will be negative. And plus, there are fans who are more interested in their internet rep and their I told you so (I mean how many times have you seen some ****** come along and play victim by saying something stupid like "I've been saying all along he sucked and I got ripped on this board") then they are interested in the Cowboys themselves.

Football is entertainment. If they can't find entertainment in the game, then it's a problem with them and not the Cowboys.

Good points... thanks for helping to understand the negativity. I truly was at a loss. I support the Cowboys no matter what, and especially in our current situation which is truly not as bad as the naysayers are making it out to be... it will be great to have them experience a comeback so we can have that to point to if we have to go through this again.

Thanks for your input.:clap:

Michael88Irvin

Reaction score
For the record, I still think we can win the NFC east but not because how good we are or could be but due to how horrible the NFC east is. Even if we did, I'm not going to pretend we would have some miraculous run, we're not that good with or without Dez and Romo. Better, yes. Great, no.

The thing is, assuming we make the playoffs, that means we went 4-1 / 5-0, which also means we would be playing well going into the playoffs.
Each of those games leading up to the actual playoffs will effectively be a playoff game for us... so that is all good experience.
Cassel will then have 10 games under his belt, and be in synch with his weapons: Dez, T Will, Witten, McFadden, Beasley, Escobar...
I see him spreading the ball around like Romo does, and Romo will be guiding him the best he can. I have a good feeling about Cassel and am giving him way more credit than most on here are for the way he played in his first few games here (improving as expected - sans the TB game). From Giants, to Seattle, to Philly, to his TD drive against Carolina... all that bodes well for our upcoming run.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I'm not rooting for a tank job, I never had and never will. That's just stupid, as far as I'm concerned.

But none the less there has been plenty to be pretty upset about as far as being a fan goes. This coaching staff gets by on the fact that when Tony Romo is healthy he masks the obviously glaring weakness of this offense.

This coaching staff and FO saw fit to keep a joke of a QB for a back up and then managed to bring in another one who apparently can't be coached up and helped to get even 1 win while Romo was out.

So the team rushed Tony back, and of course Tony rushed himself back, to save a season that shouldn't have needed to be saved so quickly if this team could have found a way to win a least 2 or 3 out of seven tries. Hell even 1 out of the 7 would have been something.

Now obviously Weeden and Cassel are not Tony Romo, and no one would expect them to be. Except this coaching staff. Who couldn't find a way to game plan or change what they were doing to help their QB's who obviously aren't Tony Romo.

All that said I'll continue to watch every single week and I'll continue to cheer for them to win, regardless of my complaints about things with this team.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've heard more positive things about us from Eagles, Skins and Giants fans than from some of our fans lately.

Almost everybody I've interacted with who knows football and is not specifically a Cowboys fan understands that our season was fundamentally sidetracked by repeated key injuries to our best players and our inability to make just a few plays more with the backup QBs. Its only on Cowboys boards that the echo chamber gets worked up enough and people try to metastatize the problem to be that plus literally everything else.

It's hard to hold ground when everything is getting criticized and the record is so bad, but, like with most things in life, the simplest answer really is the best answer here.

The theatrics are hard to deal with, though. I do wish our fan base were hardier and less entitled generally.

Michael88Irvin

Reaction score
Almost everybody I've interacted with who knows football and is not specifically a Cowboys fan understands that our season was fundamentally sidetracked by repeated key injuries to our best players and our inability to make just a few plays more with the backup QBs. Its only on Cowboys boards that the echo chamber gets worked up enough and people try to metastatize the problem to be that plus literally everything else.

It's hard to hold ground when everything is getting criticized and the record is so bad, but, like with most things in life, the simplest answer really is the best answer here.

The theatrics are hard to deal with, though. I do wish our fan base were hardier and less entitled generally.

Agreed... I am getting better feedback about our team from Giants/Philly/Commander fans that a majority of 'Cowboys fans' here on this board... It is really a bizarre phenomenon.

They understand your points above better than our own fanbase. Odd to say the least

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score

Man up.