RELEASED Cowboys fire Paul Alexander **merged**

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I guess this is a nice way to fire somebody.

"While approaching the midpoint of the season, and going through an overall evaluation of our entire operation during the bye week, we felt that this move would serve the best interests of our team moving forward," head coach Jason Garrett said in a statement.

"We have great respect and admiration for Paul and what he has accomplished in a very successful career in the NFL. These are not easy decisions to make at any time of the year, but we will move ahead with the utmost confidence in what Marc Colombo and Hudson Houck will bring to our team in their new roles."

I like that they brought Houck back as a sounding board. I'm surprised Alexander wasn't more successful here...I thought he was going to be a good signing. But then I also like Colombo for his history with us, so I can't say I'm broken up about it. Hope it lights a fire, b/c the OL has been really disappointing this season.

Ken

Reaction score
Smart move by Garrett. He was a poor hiring.

I kind of wish they'd crap can Moore too but at this point, I don't think you can find a QB coach in a pinch that could actually help Dak mid-season.

That's a problem they probably have to live with for the entire season.
I see Dak improving every week. We may want to tap the breaks and let this thing play out a bit.

chicago JK

Reaction score
Man....that sucks. If he would have been told of this move during their bye work, Alexander could have had time to go to a world series game.

In all seriousness, one of the more disappointing things about Garrett for me is he has been pretty poor finding coaching talent. I had hoped with his family in scouting that he would have been able to find unknown guys and groom them. He seems like a guy who would be good at that. So far, I am not sure he has found one guy who looks like a future star in coaching. Not to bring everything back to Parcells but look at the staff he brought in here. Most have gone on to have some success as head coaches or long careers at some coordinator or position coach.

Blackthorn

Reaction score
I expect more firings soon for the Cowboys. Jason Garrett is officially in the "hot seat" . If he cannot prevent the ship from sinking he will be fired as well. I am sure the team conducted a SWOT analysis during the bye and Garret had to come up will a reasonable plan to fix the offensive woes. Alexander is the first victim. The Washington Commanders pulling two games in front of the Cowboys turned up the fire underneath Garrett.

Batman1980

Reaction score

tenor.gif

slick325

Reaction score
Surprised it didn't happen the same day that the trade was announced last week.

Not mad at the move at all.

CCBoy

Reaction score
FRISCO, Texas – The Cowboys have made plenty of investments over the last few years to create one of the best offensive lines in football.

After seven games this year, the line has not met its lofty expectations. And with that, comes a change.

The Cowboys fired offensive line coach Paul Alexander, less than halfway into his first season with the team.

The team is promoting Marc Colombo, a former offensive tackle for the Cowboys who has spent the last four seasons on the staff. This year, Colombo entered the season as the assistant offensive line coach.

The team is also bringing in former offensive line coach Hudson Houck to be an advisory consultant for Colombo and the offensive line.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/alexander-fired-as-o-line-coach-after-7-games
:clap::thumbup:

Reactions: BAT

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry was jealous the Browns were being so active in the coaching department today.

He had to make a splash. Though barely a ripple. Should have been HC and OC and OL to one up them.
:lmao:

Reactions: BAT