Cowboys flock to DT. NFLDraftcountdown

starfrombirth

Reaction score
wayne_motley said:
I'm getting to the point where I don't care whom they draft, but we'd better get to at least 9-7 next season or I'll be pissed.
You mean you weren't pissed this season???? :eek:

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
starfrombirth said:
You mean you weren't pissed this season???? :eek:

I am probably in the minority here, but I think we may bounce back next year.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
dmq said:
I am probably in the minority here, but I think we may bounce back next year.

The way the NFC is right now I don't think it is far fetched to think we bounce back this upcoming season.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
I'll stay with BPA that fits a need. Most of the time the grading you see on these boards are quite close and if I have TE rated just a bit higher than a DT well sorry I'll take the DT because it does fit the need yet is not ranked much lower than the TE that does not fit a need on the team.

This is why there are two boards. One board is the entire draft pool, the other board is your internal draft board. You draft to your board. If a player like Heath Miller is available at 20, do you draft him? He would almost certainly be the best player available but what do you do with another TE? The answer is probably that he's not on our board. You might trade out but if the player you want is a DT that is slotted to go in the next 5 picks and your trading down 10 spots, you gotta make that decision. Is the trade value worth lossing your targeted player? I think drafting BAP has it's merrits but I don't think you always do that regardless. You need flexability in your approach. I agree with what Dooms say here.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
This is why there are two boards. One board is the entire draft pool, the other board is your internal draft board. You draft to your board. If a player like Heath Miller is available at 20, do you draft him? He would almost certainly be the best player available but what do you do with another TE? The answer is probably that he's not on our board. You might trade out but if the player you want is a DT that is slotted to go in the next 5 picks and your trading down 10 spots, you gotta make that decision. Is the trade value worth lossing your targeted player? I think drafting BAP has it's merrits but I don't think you always do that regardless. You need flexability in your approach. I agree with what Dooms say here.

Granted but none of us our privy to that internal draft board. I guess the good thing for us or bad however you want to look at it, is the fact we have many needs

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
I saw a game this year where Hawthorne knocked out 2 Penn St QB's, If he is comparable to Wilfolk, then I say grab him with 11. Scouts Inc has him pretty high. :iggles: :iggles:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
AmishCowboy said:
I saw a game this year where Hawthorne knocked out 2 Penn St QB's, If he is comparable to Wilfolk, then I say grab him with 11. Scouts Inc has him pretty high. :iggles: :iggles:

I have seen him ranked on some boards in the top 15 picks and see him listed in the top 20. If Dallas works him out and like what they see in him then take him.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Granted but none of us our privy to that internal draft board. I guess the good thing for us or bad however you want to look at it, is the fact we have many needs

This is true.