News: Cowboys for life? Oklahoma State DE Emmanuel Ogbah could fit right in Dallas

CCBoy

Reaction score
Cowboys for life? Oklahoma State DE Emmanuel Ogbah could fit right in Dallas

http://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/201...-de-emmanuel-ogbah-could-fit-right-in-dallas/

After a solid freshman campaign where he tallied 5.5 tackles for loss and four sacks, Ogbah broke out as a sophomore in 2014, finishing with 17 TFLs and 11 sacks. As a junior, he upped his game, registering 17.5 tackles for loss, to go with his 13 sacks, school-record 19 QB hurries, four PBUs, and three forced fumbles, enough to be named a finalist for the Ted Hendricks award, take home Big 12 Defensive Lineman of the Year hardware, and garner All-American honors from multiple outlets. He finished his three-year career with 28 sacks.

Ogbah is an explosive athlete with impressive measurables, good balance, strength, explosion and burst. On the negative side of the ledger, he’s too straight-linish, with tight hips that hinder his ability to run the arc and change direction.

2016 NFL Draft Wars: Cowboys DE prospects fight to the death (Part 2)

While very productive and disruptive, he was also inconsistent as a collegian, seemingly taking plays off. Scouts hold that he needs to play with more consistent effort, improve as a hand fighter and develop a more coherent pass rush plan (running straight and fast is less likely to work against NFL tackles). Still, he has the work ethic and character to make the necessary gains.

Want to know more about Ogbah? Let’s start by looking at his measurables:

Player Measurements
  • Height
    6' 4"
  • Weight
  • Arm Length
    35½"
  • Hand Size
    10"
  • 40 Yard Dash
  • Bench Press
  • Vertical Jump
    35½"
  • Broad Jump
    121"
  • 3 Cone Drill
  • 20 Yard Shuttle
5th-ranked DE; 43rd overall

How is his tape? Well, you’re in luck. Over at Draft Breakdown, they have seven of his games for you to study. Watch him below in the 2014 season opener against defending national champion Florida State (six tackles and two sacks); from 2015, check him out versus conference rivals Kansas State (six stops, one sack) and Baylor (nine tackles and a sack)...

jnday

Reaction score
Sounds like a good prospect that has produced his entire college career.

Gaede

Reaction score
I like Ogbah, reminds me of Lawrence a bit.

Aven8

Reaction score
I've watched plenty of him live and IMO he is a lazy player and dissappears too much for my taste. He looks the part.

Ashwynn

Reaction score
Well if he disappears and still puts up those numbers, imagine what he could do when motivated.Worth taking a chance on, with part time numbers like that he would still lead the team in all meaningful categories and imagine if he became motivated.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's guys like this that have me preferring to draft in the 12-20 range.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Overrated. Tunsil absolutely destroyed him in the bowl game. It wasn't even close

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think he is a great fit in this scheme. Hope he is there at 34 but I doubt it. Fingers crossed

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Freakish size and speed but high bust potential. Rather take a chance on a prospect like Tapper later in the draft. Would prefer "safer" picks in the first 2-3 rounds.

conner01

Reaction score
He is a nice prospect in a draft with few edge rusher prospects. There is a reason most project him to be there at the end of first or early second.
If we don't take a de early then he could be best option later, but he is far behind the top guys and this is not a big group of edge guys