Championship
Reaction score
We all know that Cowboys needs are::

Right Tackle

Center

Outside Linebacker

Wide Receivers

Free Safety

^Currently who's out there that are free agents that is a these positions...

Hoov

Reaction score
RealCowboyfan said:

Right Tackle

Center

Outside Linebacker

Wide Receivers

Free Safety

Im starting to wonder if Parcells thinks we need an upgrade at center. I haven't hear any talk about that from the cowboys organization/personel. They have talked plenty about upgrading OLine but does anyone know if they ever listed center as a specific area of need ?

If the TO signing happens, wr is not an issue.

Im betting they fill OLB with the draft and they may go there for FS as well, maybe pick up an OT in a later round. But doubt they spend an early draft pick on center and you dont find good centers that are ready to start in the nfl in later rounds, so im starting to think its going to be Al or gurode.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
RealCowboyfan said:

Right Tackle

Center

Outside Linebacker

Wide Receivers

Free Safety

we aren't looking at center. we have two. you improve the crap play that we had last year on either side and you'll have a solid starter (my bet is Johnson)

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
RealCowboyfan said:

Right Tackle

Center

Outside Linebacker

Wide Receivers

Free Safety

BINGO BINGO :starspin

sago1

Reaction score
We left at center in same situation as last year. Of course both now have another offseason to improve physically but also to study game film and increase knowledge of how the center position is played by their betters around the NFL. Let's see if either can take advantage of it. So the answer to your question is no we aren't adding a center just retooling the same 2 we had before. If only we could fuse the 2 into 1 body.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
RealCowboyfan said:

Right Tackle

Runyan and Ashworth say hello. This is our biggest need and these two were the best options for us from the get go.

Like it or not were going with Johnson, Gurode on this one. Every had a bunch in there shorts over Bentley but this is one position that I personally am glad to see we are going to get some consistency at. I see one of the two emerging as an excellent starter for us.

Outside Linebacker

Julian Peterson , Na'il Diggs, Jamie Sharper , Warrick Holdman all say hello.

Im still not convinced that Ayodele is locked in as MLB. i could very easily see us having him outside as in. Any of the above would still be adequate replacements.

Wide Receivers

TO, Walker, Gardner, Moulds

It seems more and more like its going to be TO.

This whole thing reeks of TO.

Free Safety

Lawyer Milloy , Idrees Bashir , Marcus Coleman , Tebucky Jones , Brent Alexander , Tank Williams all say hello.

Granted alot of these guys are natural SS but they are all better than Davis.

Moreso you left our K and DT which are needs much more than say C. On DT I say just seee what big body is left to take a decent contract to backup Ferguson.

hmcorp

Reaction score
We certainly didnt need a right tackle in the games we had flozell on the other side.

We seemed to be on a pace to score 400 points and rack up almost 6,000 yards as an offense.

STUFF YOUR RIGHT TACKLE TALK.

what we need is depth. (which we are getting)

On the linebacker issue...YES we need 2 more LBs at least and probably one DT in the draft. I think 'pepper' johnson or whomever it is that is at DT will play this year.

Other than a WR (TO, moulds, keyshawn or walker) if we dont get any of those we will get someone in the draft.

I figure we draft a WR, DT, LB, and a OL

For free safety I think we go with a veteran. IT doesnt matter who. Just someone who can read an offense. Keith davis certainly couldnt last year. Someone dependable.

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
RT- Sign Runyun or Fabini. Both could be stop gap measures.

C- Draft for depth, practice squad player.

OLB- Draft early, 1st or 2nd round. FA- Get a vet in there. Seau would be good for a one year contract or Sharper for a little longer.

WR- Sign TO or Sign Key + Moulds + Draft Mike Hass in the 3rd. Johnnie Morton would be another option to go with the TO option.

FS- Tebucky Jones is a decent option, as is Coleman. This position needs fortifying in the draft. If not Simpson, Huff or Bing, one of the second tier guys would be fine. Maybe a Pat Watkins or someone like that.

Taz

Reaction score
Hmm by the way our FA period has gone you know releaseing key and getting no one
releaseing our TE in cambel and getting no one
plan to release pro bowler allen
releasing another probowler in laro glover

i think the main need is a good damn GM!!

Kaika

Have a Good Day Pilgrims
Reaction score
We Need a kicker. We need Vineteiri.
He's good for at least two or three games himself.:bang2:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
hmcorp said:
We certainly didnt need a right tackle in the games we had flozell on the other side.

We seemed to be on a pace to score 400 points and rack up almost 6,000 yards as an offense.

STUFF YOUR RIGHT TACKLE TALK.

what we need is depth. (which we are getting)

On the linebacker issue...YES we need 2 more LBs at least and probably one DT in the draft. I think 'pepper' johnson or whomever it is that is at DT will play this year.

Other than a WR (TO, moulds, keyshawn or walker) if we dont get any of those we will get someone in the draft.

I figure we draft a WR, DT, LB, and a OL

For free safety I think we go with a veteran. IT doesnt matter who. Just someone who can read an offense. Keith davis certainly couldnt last year. Someone dependable.

It was no coincidence that Witten had a down year.

Pettiti needed help all last season and that held our TEs back.

With a quality RT that allows our offense to open up.

Did you actually watch the games or did you just read the stats?

mmurray21

Reaction score
Anyone down with Jurrasic 5 needs to be listened to.

I actually think the Boys will draft a tackle @18 if they keep the pick. They really need depth at the other positions. I am a little surprised they didn't keep Keyshawn and get a young free agent instead of drafting one. Lock all the other need positions down with good mid priced free agents and then try to take the BPA in the draft.