Cowboys/Giants pre-game thread

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
"I think he made a mistake drafting Dez Bryant."

Shut up, Cris Carter. You don't know anything except how to catch a football. That's why you're a television anchor and not a coach or a GM yourself.

TX_Yid

Reaction score
I'm going to love watching Dez make him eat those words over the next 10 years.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
casmith07;3644658 said:

Shut up, Cris Carter. You don't know anything except how to catch a football. That's why you're a television anchor and not a coach or a GM yourself.

Eh. His point was that we could have drafted a LBer or a OL... and we've been pretty weak on the OL and ILB (S, too).

Of course, if you look at the OL that were taken after our pick thus far, there isn't a whole lot that would have helped immediately. Same for LBer.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
:lmao: Why didn't he criticize the Vikings for getting Moss, huh?

They have HArvin,and Rice, well why get another receiver?

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Vintage;3644670 said:
Eh. His point was that we could have drafted a LBer or a OL... and we've been pretty weak on the OL and ILB (S, too).

Of course, if you look at the OL that were taken after our pick thus far, there isn't a whole lot that would have helped immediately. Same for LBer.

Could have.

Would have done your team a disservice.

You don't pass on Dez Bryant talent just to fill a need at another position with a less than value player.

Mansta54

Reaction score
Vintage;3644670 said:

I don't care what his point was, he's a IDIOT.. You don't leave a talent like Dez on the board. We did that with Moss and it was a HUGE mistake... JJ did the right thing by taking Dez, dude is going to be a BEAST...

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Cris Carter IMO, has always been a punk! I have never liked that guy...something about the way he acts, looks and speaks.

Consider the source...

;)

firehawk350

Reaction score
casmith07;3644658 said:

Off what I saw, I think Dez will be a player in this league. I wish the Skins had him. I didn't see the broadcast, but if Cris' point is the Cowboys could have used that pick on the OL, then I think he's right. A talented OG or T would have helped the Cowboys a lot more. If he's just saying that Dez isn't going to be a playmaker, then I disagree with him.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
So we should've drafted for need instead of the best player available?

Yeah, that's a proven forumla for success.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;3644688 said:
So we should've drafted for need instead of the best player available?

Yeah, that's a proven forumla for success.

:laugh2:

Hey, you are responding to someone that know all about his team's great drafts.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
firehawk350;3644684 said:
Off what I saw, I think Dez will be a player in this league. I wish the Skins had him. I didn't see the broadcast, but if Cris' point is the Cowboys could have used that pick on the OL, then I think he's right. A talented OG or T would have helped the Cowboys a lot more. If he's just saying that Dez isn't going to be a playmaker, then I disagree with him.
'No OG or OT a ROOKIE at that particular point in the draft would have had a larger impact than Dez. Inn the context of what was happening in the draft when we took Dez, it is not even close which one would have been more help.

Everyone forgets that Dez was top 10 talent, or get a OG about 10-18 picks to earlier for O-line help, hmmmm decisions decisions.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
firehawk350;3644684 said:

He's saying we could use an OT/OG.... which is true.

The problem is, if you look at the OT/OG's that were drafted after pick 24, there is nothing that screams "wow, that'd solve everything."

If Trent Williams would have fallen to 24, then yes, I could understand the argument. But the top OTs/OGs were gone by 24, and there was no point in taking a lesser player over Dez.

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
Vintage;3644670 said:

So, we should have taken Sean Lee in the 1st round? He was the Cowboys highest ranked player among ILB's or OL's.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Vintage;3644670 said:

They still drafted an ILB, one they had rated as a 1st rd pick.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
SkinsandTerps;3644700 said:
I get his point. And the comparison to the Vikings is silly.

We had Austin and Williams, they had Harvin and Berrian. Seems like a push to me. But Vikings enjoy two years of Moss, we have Dez for years and years. 1st compared to 3rd but one is starting one is ending. I see it as pretty close.

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
And the funny thing is part of his argument was that Roy is playing great now but uhh we drafted Dez back in April not yesterday! What a moron lol!

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
pjtoadie;3644707 said:
And the funny thing is part of his argument was that Roy is playing great now but uhh we drafted Dez back in April not yesterday! What a moron lol!

Thank you for seeing that point through the main one. We had pretty much one and half receivers at the time we drafted Dez.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Glad to see the consensus is good.

Cris Carter: Cowboys should have reached deep for a lineman or linebacker instead of drafting potential #1 talent at WR.

Got it, Cris.