Cowboys got lucky with this Draft

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Yeah.... but they passed on Hebert, so what does that tell you? What did we see that they didn't?

That’s because Tua was getting all the hype and ended up being drafted ahead of Herbert. Everyone was comparing Tua to Russell Wilson. Detroit and Miami also passed on Herbert. What it tells me and will always tell me is how unpredictable drafting a QB is. It’s easy to look back after the fact. Mayfield was taken ahead of Josh Allen. Mitch Trubisky went ahead of Patrick Mahomes and Deshaun Watson. Drafting a QB is a crapshoot!

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, it would be devastating if the Giants drafted another Daniel Jones, or the Eagles drafted another Carson Wentz or the WFT drafted another Dwayne Haskins or RG III

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I find it interesting on who is sitting in the war room, or who is sitting where.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
That’s because Tua was getting all the hype and ended up being drafted ahead of Herbert. Everyone was comparing Tua to Russell Wilson. Detroit and Miami also passed on Herbert. What it tells me and will always tell me is how unpredictable drafting a QB is. It’s easy to look back after the fact. Mayfield was taken ahead of Josh Allen. Mitch Trubisky went ahead of Patrick Mahomes and Deshaun Watson. Drafting a QB is a crapshoot!
That and both building and sustaining a cap friendly offense is becoming a chore trying to out draft the "cap" trend.
With Adams and Hill, Deebo next in line, maybe the excuse to take WRs early this year in a deep WR class is to try and buck the trend, and beat the market with WR1 potential on rookie contract in a soaring market.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Yeah, it would be devastating if the Giants drafted another Daniel Jones, or the Eagles drafted another Carson Wentz or the WFT drafted another Dwayne Haskins or RG III
Reagors, Tonys, we can only hope for more of the same.

jnday

Reaction score
The Cowboys lucked out that this Draft doesn't have any Top QB prospects given that two of their rivals have multiple 1st round picks and use them to Trade up to get one.
According to some of the fans on this board, it is just about impossible to hit on a QB in the draft. Every time that someone mentions replacing Dak, several posters say how rare it is to find a good QB in the draft and it would be impossible to draft a QB that is better than Dak. If you believe what they say, rivals drafting a QB is a waste of a pick. There’s no need to worry about division teams if what these board members say is true.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
According to some of the fans on this board, it is just about impossible to hit on a QB in the draft. Every time that someone mentions replacing Dak, several posters say how rare it is to find a good QB in the draft and it would be impossible to draft a QB that is better than Dak. If you believe what they say, rivals drafting a QB is a waste of a pick. There’s no need to worry about division teams if what these board members say is true.
Not trying to start an anti Dak thread on draft day, but by all means the 24 has more value if some QBs start stacking up around there.
Im not even advocating taking one, but if the right one is there they should, as they should for any top player on the board being available, esp in this draft.
The phone will be ringing in the the 3rd tier of this day 1.
Why am I hearing that Christmas Song in my head... "Bells will be ringing"

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
They would have !
They really screwed it up

I’m sure Washington is kicking themselves. They’ve already wasted a first round pick on a QB since they allowed Cousins to walk and they gave up more draft picks for Carson Wentz who most feel will be nothing more than a stopgap. They’ll probably be moving on from him after this season. Nothing worse in the NFL than having to burn draft picks trying to find a QB.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I’m sure Washington is kicking themselves. They’ve already wasted a first round pick on a QB since they allowed Cousins to walk and they gave up more draft picks for Carson Wentz who most feel will be nothing more than a stopgap. They’ll probably be moving on from him after this season. Nothing worse in the NFL than having to burn draft picks trying to find a QB.
Cowboys have been so blessed to get Romo as a street free agent and Dak with a 4th round pick.
If not for those 2 players we would been the dead skins of the past 15 years...

Reactions: KJJ

Loso86

Reaction score
The Cowboys lucked out that this Draft doesn't have any Top QB prospects given that two of their rivals have multiple 1st round picks and use them to Trade up to get one.
Wouldn't call it lucky