News: Cowboys have 3 of the top 10 players in the NFC

bh32

Reaction score
So many high ranked players,But could only manage 4 wins...:lmao2:

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score
Williams gave up 2.5 sacks compared to Smith who gave up 8 sacks last year...So exactly how is Smith better than Williams? Even Joe Thomas said Williams is the best tackle in the NFL and i would take his word over some crap website...

Well, when u have scrub QB's back there and Romo on the sideline, opposing teams tend to send the house on D so you have to account for that....

rkell87

Reaction score
By my count we have:

Best kicker in NFC possibly NFL

Best long snapper in NFL

Top 7 QB in NFC top 10 in NFL

Top 3 WR NFC top 5 NFL

Top 5 in NFL LT, C, RG

Top 10 in NFL LG

And 0 top players in NFL on defense. Maybe Lee cracks top 10 in NFC

fortdick

Reaction score
Not sure, but it looks like he's a Browns fan, of all things. Has RG3-and-out been demoted to backup there yet? Or is he still hanging on to that starting job?

So he is the Browns fan! I was wondering who it was.

Qbert

Reaction score
Redskids fans winning a horrible division with a barely over a .500 record, never beating a team with a winning record, losing to Matt casell, getting destroyed by every NFL power including getting beat by 17 in a home playoff game, come to an opponents message board and talk trash? Really? :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Since all three of those guys are probably top 2 at their position, I guess it's more of a commentary that offensive linemen shouldn't be anywhere near the list. No other team has more than 1 in the top 10 (at least); we supposedly had 3 in the top 8 and went 4-12. Does not compute. The list likely would be all QBs, but that would be boring.

One day you'll come to understand that a football team employs 22 starters and the collective is more important than the individual.

Until then you'll continue to be confused about why we can have such highly coveted players and still have a bad season.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
One day you'll come to understand that a football team employs 22 starters and the collective is more important than the individual.

Until then you'll continue to be confused about why we can have such highly coveted players and still have a bad season.

Spare me your stupidity. The article doesn't say anything about coveted, it says important. And clearly anyone who thinks 3 offensive linemen on a 4-12 team are in the top 8 most important offensive players in the conference didn't watch a single snap last year. 3 of the best players? Sure, perhaps.

Virginia-Dave

Reaction score
Since the OP only listed the top 10 offensive players in the NFC, you might be interested to see how they ranked the WR's overall:

3. Antonio Brown, WR, Steelers
9. Julio Jones, WR, Falcons
17. Odell Beckham Jr., WR, Giants
22. DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Texans
30. A.J. Green, WR, Bengals
43. Allen Robinson, WR, Jaguars
45. Jordy Nelson, WR, Packers
46. Alshon Jeffery, WR, Bears
51. Dez Bryant, WR, Cowboys

So, not only is Dez not one of the top 50 players in the NFL, he is also only the 9th best WR. Allen Robinson?? Really? I can't take this list seriously.

Last edited:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Since the OP only listed the top 10 offensive players in the NFC, you might be interested to see how they ranked the WR's overall:

3. Antonio Brown, WR, Steelers
9. Julio Jones, WR, Falcons
17. Odell Beckham Jr., WR, Giants
22. DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Texans
30. A.J. Green, WR, Bengals
43. Allen Robinson, WR, Jaguars
45. Jordy Nelson, WR, Packers
46. Alshon Jeffery, WR, Bears
51. Dez Bryant, WR, Cowboys

So, not only is Dez not one of the top 50 players in the NFL, he is also only the 9th best WR. Allen Robinson?? Really? I can't take this list seriously.

Dez had a terrible year last year. Injury plagued.

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
Dez was injury plagued and didn't perform up to standards last season. It's not ridiculous to rank these guys above him (except for Jordy Nelson who didn't pay at all)

plasticman

Reaction score
It's going or take a miracle to keep this line together for a extended number of seasons. These writers don't fool me, I see right through their conspiracy. Build up these players value in the media so their agents demand top dollar at all three positions.

It's time for the O-line coach to come out and say how they have a lot of work if they are going to be a good line. He needs to be really critical of them during the preseason, tell them they are fat and slow......of course, that's a difficult sell if the RB's are averaging 7 yards a carry every game.

I really dislike free agency when our team looks strong.