Video: Cowboys have a history of highly paid players. Why not Dak?

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
You have to pay them, nobody REALLY knows if any one player will pan out. Brady might bomb this year and the Bucs go 5-11. Could happen.

Dak is your best option now and in the immediate future. Pay him and don’t look back. If it doesn’t work, it doesn’t work, but getting cold feet doesn’t make you better at your job, particularly this one.

you can’t look at it like Dak is the highest paid so that has to mean he’s the best. Everyone has the same salary cap and there’s only 1 Russell Wilson, or only 1 Patrick Mahomes. But everyone has to spend the same amount of money, so other QBs can get away with asking for as much because QB needy teams will have the money to pay them if they get away. Franchise QBs are the haves and the have nots. You don’t need to even be top 10 QB to be a franchise QB.

You have to sign Dak, there is no other option. you didn’t HAVE to sign Zeke or Dlaw or Cooper. But Dak is a must. Get it over with and move on.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I will never get that 14 minutes and 22 seconds back. Ever.

The video has zero to do with Jerry Jones potentially having Alzheimer's.

:facepalm:

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
A team wants to reach a long term deal with their starting QB.

What does that have to do with Alzheimer's?

BTW, it's Stephen not Jerry.
Oh my..

Big Dog..

You just do not think outside of your own box.

Everytime I post something to get the Furum to think about something..

You go duh..

I know you get a big kick out of trying to play with my head.

Ain't going to happen.

But I will get tired jousting, bro.

Alzheimers as in in who is forgetting the spending we are doing in order to win?

Our owner or are we forgetting it.

Simple question.

Ok..you either see the noncense in paying the biggest contracts in the history of the league and still losing..

Or you don't.

No duhs.

Answer please.?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
There are valid points being made on both sides of the argument as to whether or not Dak deserves being the potential recipient of being the highest paid NFL QB. On one hand, there's the standard to consider of overpaying their heroes that has been historically set up by the Cowboys' hierarchy. On the other hand, there's the question being presented as to whether or not Dak's performance actually merits being the best paid QB in the NFL.

Seemingly, the answer to much of this particular question is strictly in the eyes of the beholder, as we've all obviously seen lately within the confines of this website. As Emmitt Smith once had occasion to comment many years ago, "opinions are like A-holes . . . everybody's got one."

Last edited:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Alzheimers as in in who is forgetting the spending we are doing in order to win?

Our owner or are we forgetting it.
How did the video or anything else bring you to the conclusion Jerry Jones has forgotten "how to spend to win" and that particular assumption is due to Alzheimer's?

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
There are valid points being made on both sides of the argument as to whether or not Dak deserves being the potential recipient of the highest paid NFL QB. On one hand, there's the standard to consider of overpaying their heroes that has been historically set up by the Cowboys and their hierarchy. On the other hand, there's the question of whether or not Dak's performance actually merits being the best paid QB in the NFL.

Seemingly, the answer to much of this particular question is strictly in the eyes of the beholder, as we've all obviously seen lately within the confines of this website. As Emmitt Smith once had occasion to comment many years ago, "opinions are like A-holes -- everybody's got one."
Yes sir.

It's a well presented debate.

This touches all the bases involved and the talking heads did good considering.

And the crazy part is..we don't matter at all.

We do not have a dog in the race.

Ain't our money, ain't our careers and ain't our bodies that have to cash the checks.

But it sure is entertainment.

:starspin:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Nick Wright is a football idiot. It's hard to listen to him as he thinks he knows what he's talking about. "First Things First" has been hurting every since Cris Carter left.

Alzheimer's disease is something my family is unfortunately very familiar with. It's insensitive of the OP to use it to explain away some fan's lack of knowledge. Alzheimer's is a cruel fate to live with and should not be made light of with jokes.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
How did the video or anything else bring you to the conclusion Jerry Jones has forgotten "how to spend to win" and that particular assumption is due to Alzheimer's?
Poetic liscence and the fact Jerrah is getting Old As Dirt waiting for the next SB.

Minor details.

Bad on me.. my choice of diseases.

Choose another if you want. No prob.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Poetic liscence and the fact Jerrah is getting Old As Dirt waiting for the next SB.

Minor details.

Bad on me.. my choice of diseases.

Choose another if you want. No prob.
Excellent suggestion. I changed the thread title to match the video's YouTube title. It should have occurred to me after viewing the video. Thanks.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Everything that someone says about the Cowboys doesn't need to be posted here. Really!
Exactly.

Sunshine and lollipops is not always the way to go.

I am strictly a longtime money paying fan. It should never offend anybody if somebody thinks differently from the herd.

At least I think its OK.