Cowboys Have Met With A Top Tight End Prospect

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys are talking to him because they know Pitts is gone well before 10. There is no chance he makes it to 10. None.

This whole ides of BPA is kaput if he does because there is only one player, maybe Lawrence, better at his position than Pitts is at his. There's not a D player equal to him and we didn't get to see enough of Chase or Waddle. Pitts is as good a TE as Smith is a Heisman WR.

The positive of Pitts is he helps a good D player fall in the top 10. 4 QBs, 3WR's, 2 OT's and a TE in a Pear Tree. We NEED a D guy, we don't need another toy for Booger's collection.

John813

Reaction score
Definitely see the value there. I like Pat F but he may go in the late first/early 2nd. And while he isn't slow, he isn't in the Kelce, Kittle, Waller athletics.

Jordan has the athletic ability to line up in a few areas and excel. Not saying he is the next Kittle, but he has the athletic ability to get yac.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I think he is a great name to think about in the 3rd. He is probably as good or better than Shultz right now, and he is only 20.

Shultz is ok, but he is basically a slightly better version of Old Man Witten. Dont really want to give him a 2nd contract.

Agreed.

I actually like Schultz more than most, but I don’t think he’s a guy you evaluate and say “we need to lock him up for another 4-5 years.” Someone will offer him a lucrative contract (relatively speaking) next year to be a starter that will likely be more than what we want to spend.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Perfect HB. Won’t be surprised if he is one of our 3rd round picks

Mr_437

Reaction score
Yeah, he does remind you of an H-B. I don't know if he could take the place of a FB, but Kellen would hopefully have a plan for him if drafted.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Yeah, he does remind you of an H-B. I don't know if he could take the place of a FB, but Kellen would hopefully have a plan for him if drafted.
Who was the FB on the field last year while Olawale sat home?