Cowboys have mixed feelings on Owens - TODD ARCHER

Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
thats the key phrase...and with his turd ways, nobody is going to want to give up a bag of cow dung for him

David

I don't know about that, David...............lots of teams are loaded with "cow dung". :rolleyes:

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
bbgun said:
I sure as hell don't want to see him in DC next year.

Neither do I.......send him to the AFC or the Canadian Football league :D

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
...the best situation would have been to get T.O. now for the remaining games of the season. Our exposure to him is limited. He will be playing for pride and a new contract and he would assist us in a run for the playoffs.

After that we would not be beholden to retain him. That's if the Eagles would have outright released him.

Now I'm not sure I would want anything to do with T.O. next year for the simple fact that he wants a contract. How much guaranteed money can you put on this personality? At least this year in a vet's contract for the remainder of the season nothing is guaranteed and the cap impact is minimal.

notherbob

Reaction score
"I'm avoiding, deliberately avoiding, saying whether or not the Cowboys would be interested," Jones said the other day. "He's a player that is a competitive player. He's an outstanding addition to an offense ... In general, I am a risk-taker."
-----------------------
His "risk taking" in the draft is one of the main things that drove his championship team into the ground. Obviously, he hasn't learned his lesson yet. - slap him upside the head, Bill, real hard, and if he still talks like that, hit him again, harder.

lkelly

Reaction score
Wouldn't a team that traded for him have to pay his $6 million roster bonus due in March? And you know the Eagles aren't going to pay that, so they will get rid of him before that date.

I expect he'll be released.

Gaede

Reaction score
I like Dan Campbell's response. I feel exactly the same way

billknows

Reaction score
I'll take Patric Crayton, and Terry Glen ,And Key.I'll would rather see thier highlights and interveiws,#$@% TO

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Hollywood Henderson said:
I thought when it was a vet being cut/fired that it wouldn't be the same as a waiver wire situation?
Meaning he could sign with whoever he wanted to?
Why in the world would you think that?

Just this season the Packers waived Joey Thomas and the Cowboys put in a claim on him but lost him to New Orleans because they had a worse record.

cowboyfan4life_mark

5 outta 8 ain't bad
Reaction score
TwentyOne said:
After the decission by Richard Bloch it is clear that Owens can join the Cowboys earliest next offseason. That means there are no plans to let Hutch start next year at QB.

Just my observation....
:huh: