Cowboys have more rivals than anyone, I think

CowboyMark

Reaction score
Don't they? The egirls, whiners, deadskins, gay-men, stealers, the wack, are our rivals. Is there any other team that has as many rivals as we do. I guess it's a testament as how good the cowboys have been over the years. I wonder if we will have more in the coming years.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Everyone considers us their rival but personally I only consider the Commanders our true rival.:skins:

sago1

Reaction score
I think that the Cowboys are such a big draw that all teams view us as the team to beat particularly when we are good. Even during the years we were bad other teams like to brag that they beat the Cowboys. Like I've posted before, I just want to see the Cowboys to make a big statement in this game by convincing beating the Packers and w/o suffering any injuries. Realize it probably means the team will have to put up hearing Romo singing (screeching is a better word) the entire trip home but hey life is tough.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Commanders think they are our main rivals
Eagles think they are our main rivals
Giants think they are our main rivals
Steelers think they are our main rivals
Greenbay think they are our main rivals
49'rs think they are our main rivals
Cardinals think they are our rivals
Bills think they are our rivals

list goes on and on ..... all fans of other teams try to make themselves feel more important by being our "rivals"

:laugh2:

bobtheflob

Reaction score
I was talking to a friend of mine who's a Packers fan. He was lamenting that for fantasy purporses he had to root for the Cowboys Monday night. I said at least it wasn't the Bears or Vikings he had to root for. He then told me that he'd least want to root for the Cowboys by far.

It is always funny when you look at lists of the best NFL rivalries and the Cowboys are always on there more than once. I disagree about the Steelers though. Maybe it's a generational thing (I'm 25), but Steelers fans don't seem to hate the Cowboys more than anybody else does.

I think this all boils down to people love to hate the Cowboys. Partly because they are popular and succesful and partly because of the swagger. I think ESPN goes out of their way to flame this. Commanders fans hate the Cowboys a lot more than we hate them (trust me, I live in DC). The same is true for the rest of the division.

landryscorner

Reaction score
I think its because we've ruined so many hopes for teams, lets just recap how many hopes and dreams we've crushed..(can't name em all, but here goes the most memorable ones) San Francisco, Giants, Bills (heh thats a given) Packers, eagles...and ofcourse everyone hates because of envy, they only wish they could be cowboy fans

StylisticS

Reaction score
bobtheflob;2269989 said:
I was talking to a friend of mine who's a Packers fan. He was lamenting that for fantasy purporses he had to root for the Cowboys Monday night. I said at least it wasn't the Bears or Vikings he had to root for. He then told me that he'd least want to root for the Cowboys by far.

It is always funny when you look at lists of the best NFL rivalries and the Cowboys are always on there more than once. I disagree about the Steelers though. Maybe it's a generational thing (I'm 25), but Steelers fans don't seem to hate the Cowboys more than anybody else does.

Usually the people that's 35 and over hate the Steelers. I'm your same age. I don't have hate for the Steelers but that's for an obvious reason. We have barely played them. I don't care for them and didn't want them to see win their 5th ring. But I don't have hate for the Steelers like older Cowboy fans do. Now our age may hate the 49ers though. I know I still do.:laugh2:

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
StylisticS;2270160 said:
Usually the people that's 35 and over hate the Steelers. I'm your same age. I don't have hate for the Steelers but that's for an obvious reason. We have barely played them. I don't care for them and didn't want them to see win their 5th ring. But I don't have hate for the Steelers like older Cowboy fans do. Now our age may hate the 49ers though. I know I still do.:laugh2:

Ahem!!! 34 and older:mad::steelers:

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Personally, I think the only teams that view us as rivals are the teams in our own divisions.

I think most other teams want to beat us because at some point in time paths have crossed in some really important games, but I don't think they are view us as their bitter rivals.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
Real rivalries:
1. Commanders
2. Eagles
3. Giants
4. 49ers

Occasional rivalries:
1. Steelers
2. Packers

One-sided rivalries:
1. Cardinals
2. Texans
3. Bills

that's 9 teams that definitely consider the Cowboys as some form of rivalry.. roughly 1/3 of the NFL.. far and away, the most of any team..

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
zrinkill;2269965 said:

list goes on and on ..... all fans of other teams try to make themselves feel more important by being our "rivals"

No, they don't.

The Steelers have a much bigger rivalry with the Ravens and Browns (especially the browns, eventhough it's been 1 sided for awhile now).

Green Bay and Chicago are huge rivals, maybe the biggest in the NFL.

The Bills and Dolphins are much bigger rivals they ever were with the Cowboys. Ask a bills fan what team they hate most and they'll either say Miami or New England.

Aikbach

Reaction score
I don't like the Giants as a team, i don't like Donovan McNabb personally and I love frustrating Daniel Snyder and the hubris charged Commander fanbase.

My only true venom is for the Giants, I don't like them and haven't ever liked them.

The 49ers of the 90s were a true and natural rival since the stakes were always so high when they played Dallas but that has now turned into the ghost of glory's past.

So its the Giants that garner animosity from me and I dare say the Cowboy players as well.

Aikbach

Reaction score
zrinkill;2269965 said:

The short answer would be that we are their rival but they are but another game to us.

To quote the late Raul Julia in his epic final role as M. Bison in Street Fighter: The Movie:

"My dear the day M. Bison raided your village and graced your people with my presence it was the most meaningful and traumatic event in your life, but for me....it was Tuesday."

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DallasDW00ds0n;2269909 said:
i think everyone who doesnt love the cowboys, hates them.
There is no middle ground with our team. It's either one side or the other. It's always been that way.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
CowboyMark;2269733 said:
Don't they? The egirls, whiners, deadskins, gay-men, stealers, the wack, are our rivals. Is there any other team that has as many rivals as we do. I guess it's a testament as how good the cowboys have been over the years. I wonder if we will have more in the coming years.

"Is it better to be feared or loved?"
"Both, but if you had to pick one - feared is always better"

I cant wait to get their... currently we are just HATED