Twitter: Cowboys have no plans to franchise tag Randy Gregory

speedkilz88

Reaction score
You don’t give a guy top five money for six sacks.

Same reason I wouldn’t tag Schultz. Solid guys but only at the right price.
At least with Schultz the franchise tag is $10.931 which is less than what he's expected to be offered in free agency.

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
giphy.gif

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Good.........................I still cant get over how he tackled an offensive lineman in the 49er playoff game and then laughed about it.

Dude was either high as a kite or is dumber than a bag of rocks...............dont really care which one, just want him gone.
Both.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
His football career may well have been over if not for Jerry and the Cowboys, I think he owes the team a little something for that;)
Thats his only chance of staying her IMHO.
I dont think the tag is coming his way either, but a fair deal could be in play for both parties.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Thats his only chance of staying her IMHO.
I dont think the tag is coming his way either, but a fair deal could be in play for both parties.
You post and I want fried catfish.

I'll eat that entire tail, if properly crispified.
Shoot, I'll eat it even improperly crispified!

Seasoning and freshness trumps safety, IMO.
I'll eat dirt if it goes through some damn good seasoning.

Last edited:

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I like this.. but they're gonna counter it with a stupid move...like franchise tagging a TE.

Don't worry. After that, they'll re-sign Gregory to a long-term deal and cut Lawrence because Gregory costs less.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Didn’t Gregory have a lot of off sides penalties and at the worse times negating a stop of big play on defense.
I know he made plays as well, but seems a lot of mental mistakes also. Many time just lined up in the neutral zone as opposed to jumping the snap for an off sides.

in a way I wish they can keep him at a decent cap hit. But not going to think it is the end of the world if he moves on.
^^^100% right. Its hard 2 lay big bucks for dumb. ..and win.

plasticman

Reaction score
Both Lawrence and Gregory have been inconsistent......hurt......suspended.....MIA in some of the most important games.

I would offer Gregory a fair contract and I might cut Lawrence and resign him under the new offer after he's tested free agent waters However, if they think they are in an advantageous bargaining position then they can confirm this by getting their overpaid contracts from another team.

What set of games so far has Lawrence proved to be worth the money? I don't care how many times he's been double blocked, what level of impact has he contributed? I'm not saying he isn't a valuable player to have but he is averaging five sacks a season over the past three seasons.

The Cowboys got that same five sacks last season from Dorance Armstrong of all players. Besides D-Law isn't that valuable player whose productivity exceeds the expectations of the salary. The Cowboys are paying far too much for a good EDGE The expectation should be for a dominant Edge who can impact his team in a very successful way and D-Law isn't that guy.

Randy Gregory got five of his six sacks in October, got hurt in practice and took off November, and then had a good game after he returned just before he flatlined at mid-December.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Gregory and Lawrence can both hit the road, honestly. They’ve both had chances and done next to nothing with them. If they were coming cheap, it would be different. But one is grossly overpaid and the other wants to be. Nope. See ya.

Rayman70

Reaction score
DLaw was more interested in his merch and catchy lines than he was his craft. We are soft.

ICP

Reaction score
They pretty much have to keep Shultz if Jarwins injury is as bad as reported by Broadus

cowboyec

Reaction score
kingsley enagbare,south carolina
myjai sanders,cincinnati
zachery carter,florida
michael clemmons,texas a&m

unless they want'a go that route in rd1.
jermaine johnson,fsu
travon walker,georgia

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I can’t wait until Jerry bids against themselves and offers 18million per…..:lmao: