Cowboys have talked with Chris Johnson on two occasions

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Rack;1926269 said:
Not my charger. It's my charger's inspiration. :D

Mine will have a 440 in it (it's almost built). I've got a 383 in the garage that I pulled from it, but I'm just looking to get rid of it.

Ahhh, that's where I got the notion that you had a 383... that's OK, the 440 is the second best engine Mopar ever made (bet you can guess the best one, LOL)... are you thinking about the 3 two barrel setup for it??

I'd suggest when it comes time to paint it, you think about one of the garish colors that were original Mopar, like LimeLight, or Plum Crazy, or even Hemi Orange (though the latter risks making your ride look like a General Lee wannabe)... nobody else made cars quite that hue...

I'll respond to the Charles/Choice comment later. Too tired right now.

I'm always around, ol' buddy...

BlueStar II

Reaction score
Doomsday101;1924752 said:
We will see WR Donny Avery has been clocked in the low 4.20s 5'11" WR out of U of H

:starspin Dooms, can you share some info./opinion on Avery since you're in the Houston area and he went to U of Houston? Would you mind sharing whatever you may know or think of him with us, thank you.

JPM

Reaction score
silverbear;1926459 said:
Ahhh, that's where I got the notion that you had a 383... that's OK, the 440 is the second best engine Mopar ever made (bet you can guess the best one, LOL)... are you thinking about the 3 two barrel setup for it??

I'd suggest when it comes time to paint it, you think about one of the garish colors that were original Mopar, like LimeLight, or Plum Crazy, or even Hemi Orange (though the latter risks making your ride look like a General Lee wannabe)... nobody else made cars quite that hue...
426.jpg

Doomsday101

Reaction score
BlueStar II;1926480 said:
:starspin Dooms, can you share some info./opinion on Avery since you're in the Houston area and he went to U of Houston? Would you mind sharing whatever you may know or think of him with us, thank you.

He is good WR with some damn good speed. Playing in C-USA and playing in a system like Houston Cougars run it could be argued that he is a product of the system they run. I think the guy is worth taking a chance on any where's from the 3rd rd on. I think people will see this speed at the combines where he and Johnson should impress scouts with their speed.

IronCowboy

Benched
Reaction score
Well boys' tomorrow we get to see these players in full speed in game action. Sure, you can look slow/fast/elusive in practice. But lets see guys like Mckelvin, Choice, Johnson, Richardson, Royal in full speed action.

Whats sad about it is, our team has left the Senior Bowl before the game even started.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
IronCowboy;1927052 said:
Well boys' tomorrow we get to see these players in full speed in game action. Sure, you can look slow/fast/elusive in practice. But lets see guys like Mckelvin, Choice, Johnson, Richardson, Royal in full speed action.

Whats sad about it is, our team has left the Senior Bowl before the game even started.

is CJ even going to participate?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
IronCowboy;1927052 said:

Every team leaves before the game.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
I have officially begun my annual "I ain't believing anything anyone says" program.

NOTHING anyone of these guys from any team can be believed.

When I see a player drafted, on draft day...and his name announced on ESPN...THEN I'll believe it.

:D

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
IronCowboy;1927067 said:
How can you scout on a TV?

The teams are there for the interviews and the individual workouts, and of course for the teams to talk to other coaches, cause some teams like us need to hire!!

The game is secondary I think, that is the way I have always taken it.

IronCowboy

Benched
Reaction score
Juke99;1927071 said:
I have officially begun my annual "I ain't believing anything anyone says" program.

NOTHING anyone of these guys from any team can be believed.

When I see a player drafted, on draft day...and his name announced on ESPN...THEN I'll believe it.

:D

ESPN is garbage. Especially for the draft. NFL Network has the best draft coverage I ever saw.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
IronCowboy;1927067 said:
How can you scout on a TV?
I usually do it with a beer in one hand and the remote in the other.

Seriously, though, they can "scout" better while watching the all-22 tape than they can being there and watching the game live. Who wants to spend another two days and nights in Mobile, Alabama if you don't have to?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;1927081 said:
I usually do it with a beer in one hand and the remote in the other.

Seriously, though, they can "scout" better while watching the all-22 tape than they can being there and watching the game live. Who wants to spend another two days and nights in Mobile, Alabama if you don't have to?

lol, scouting the actual Senior BOwl game is like trying to evaluate your starters in the 1st preseason game, when they're in for only 2 or 3 series