Signed by Cowboys Cowboys hire Greg Ellis as assistant DL Coach

_sturt_

Reaction score
Well, well, wellllllllllllll.

I love this. I see that Ellis just started doing some head coaching in some smaller colleges... so this makes sense to me.

Who's next?

Terence, are you soured on coaching, or would you want to give it another shot as an Asst DBs coach in DAL?

Carson

Reaction score
Well, well, wellllllllllllll.

I love this. I see that Ellis just started doing some head coaching in some smaller colleges... so this makes sense to me.

Who's next?

Terence, are you soured on coaching, or would you want to give it another shot as an Asst DBs coach in DAL?
Yes! Newman is my guy!

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
In 2013, the Houston Texans hired Zgonina to become an assistant defensive line coach. As an assistant coach for the Texans, he worked closely with defensive line coach/assistant head coach Bill Kollar who was his coach at Purdue University in 1989.[1] In 2016, he became the assistant defensive line coach of the New York Giants. Zgonina was the defensive line coach of the San Francisco 49ers from 2017 to 2019.[12][13] In 2020, he was hired as the assistant defensive line coach for the Washington Football Team and was promoted to lead defensive line coach following the firing of Sam Mills III in 2022.[14][15] He was not retained by the Commanders in 2024.