Twitter: Cowboys hope to re-sign Anae to practice squad

plasticman

Reaction score
I thought Anae was cut due to a numbers crunch but the media is portraying it as punishment for his offsides penalty.

If I was Anae, I would be upset at the Cowboys and probably would want to be pic ked up by a different team..

Then again, passing through waivers would mean nobody else wanted him.

Carson

Reaction score
I thought Anae was cut due to a numbers crunch but the media is portraying it as punishment for his offsides penalty.

If I was Anae, I would be upset at the Cowboys and probably would want to be pic ked up by a different team..

Could be the fire to light under his butt that he realizes the NFL is Not For Long

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I think Bradlee Anae is worth keeping, at least, for the time being as a developmental prospect.

Hopefully, he'll become available to make his return, at the end of the day. He has possibilities.

Last edited:

kevm3

Reaction score
He probably makes it back to the PC. I've seen tiny flashes here and there, but nothing about his play that has teams salivating over poaching him from us...

CowboyinMD

Reaction score
Somebody help me out with this..
It's not like the Cowboys needed to cut someone right now for a roster space. So if if the Cowboys really didn't want to let him go, why cut them in the first place and whisk losing him? Why not just wait until that decision when having to make a change to the 53 man?

Carson

Reaction score
It's not like the Cowboys needed to cut someone right now for a roster space. So if if the Cowboys really didn't want to let him go, why cut them in the first place and whisk losing him? Why not just wait until that decision when having to make a change to the 53 man?
They need the spots. One spot was vacated and they need another spot for Hill / Gallup

Loso86

Reaction score

It is numbers crunch, 13 and 72 will probably be back this week

rambo2

Reaction score
They certainly need roster space. A good chance that they activate Gallup which will be followed by Hill, Gallimore, and Lawrence.

quickccc

Reaction score

Sorry but that's how i saw it too ( coaches' decision per penalty mistake vs Minny)

Otherwise why wasn't fellow edge rusher Azur Kamara cut before Anae ?

And Kamara has been more game inactive and lack of reps than Anae overall. A couple of games, he was only activated because
Anae was afflicted with CoVid 19 that forced him to miss 2 games.

- Maybe Kamara's time is coming too, but yet he's currently on the roster, and that was a sudden decision on Anae.
And MM has had not so kind words for Anae on the sidelines before for overzealous play per roughing the passer vs Arizona preseason.
So who knows that has turned out to be in coaches-players meeting afterwards. So that's a target on Anae's chest as it was.

- If he's that mad about the Cowboys cutting him to go their practice squad, then i wish him all the best.
- If he's willing to remain with us on that capacity, then i'd love to stash him, pay him more considerable to stay there and have him immediately available per injury case.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I don’t think it will be a problem getting him to PS.