Twitter: Cowboys hope to re-sign Anae to practice squad

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I think he knew the deal and I think they talked about releasing and bringing him back on the PS.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Sorry but that's how i saw it too ( coaches' decision per penalty mistake vs Minny)

Otherwise why wasn't fellow edge rusher Azur Kamara cut before Anae ?

And Kamara has been more game inactive and lack of reps than Anae overall. A couple of games, he was only activated because
Anae was afflicted with CoVid 19 that forced him to miss 2 games.

- Maybe Kamara's time is coming too, but yet he's currently on the roster, and that was a sudden decision on Anae.
And MM has had not so kind words for Anae on the sidelines before for overzealous play per roughing the passer vs Arizona preseason.
So who knows that has turned out to be in coaches-players meeting afterwards. So that's a target on Anae's chest as it was.

- If he's that mad about the Cowboys cutting him to go their practice squad, then i wish him all the best.
- If he's willing to remain with us on that capacity, then i'd love to stash him, pay him more considerable to stay there and have him immediately available per injury case.

My assumption was while they consider Anae the better player currently, they see Kamara as having more long term potential and want to keep his rights.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
The Cowboys were probably cutting Anae all along, but the timing makes me think they got to send a message of accountability as a bonus. That penalty could have cost the game.

Maxmadden

Reaction score
I was really concerned because I thought we let the next Lawrence Taylor slip through our hands.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
I thought Anae was cut due to a numbers crunch but the media is portraying it as punishment for his offsides penalty.

If I was Anae, I would be upset at the Cowboys and probably would want to be pic ked up by a different team..

Then again, passing through waivers would mean nobody else wanted him.

So let me get this straight

the media says he was cut cause he made a mistake

Coach comes out and says it was a numbers crunch

And the player should be angry at the team and go play for someone else out of spite?

Am I missing something here

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I don't know why we have to sugar coat this. I liked the thought it was an accountability move.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I think Bradlee Anae's main problem was that he wasn't being used enough to develop sufficiently in live game action. It takes many more reps than what he got with the Cowboys in both the distant and recent past. The sparse action he was afforded just didn't favor his development, imho.

Last edited: