Cowboys | Iglesias has met with team

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Cowboys | Iglesias has met with team
Fri, 20 Feb 2009 17:12:07 -0800

During his press conference at the NFL Scouting Combine Friday, Feb. 20, Oklahoma WR Juaquin Iglesias said he has met with the Dallas Cowboys.

NFL | Iglesias feels special teams experience will help him
Fri, 20 Feb 2009 17:13:01 -0800

During his press conference at the NFL Scouting Combine Friday, Feb. 20, Oklahoma WR Juaquin Iglesias measured in with a height of 6-foot-1 and a weight of 211 pounds. Iglesias said that he believes his experience on kickoff and punt returns will help him a lot.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
This is very interesting.

This guy is a solid second rounder. This is two WRs the Cowboys have talked to at the combine.

It could point to the BPA which is a good idea.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
41gy#;2647200 said:
This is very interesting.

This guy is a solid second rounder. This is two WRs the Cowboys have talked to at the combine.

Who's the other WR??

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind that selection, not my preference, but Juaquin is quick, and has enough speed to threaten teams deep, not to mention his hands are pretty solid as is his route-running

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
iRoot4Losers;2647209 said:
I wouldn't mind that selection, not my preference, but Juaquin is quick, and has enough speed to threaten teams deep, not to mention his hands are pretty solid as is his route-running

I'm starting to like Jamon Meredith more. Although, that one poster from South Carolina didn't like him. He's already bulked up some and did 31 reps. lol He can play LT and guard.

I like Iglesias, too.

I was looking at the tackles. How are we going to get Meredith to fall to us when they rise? All those first round tackles are going to go. Then, the OT from UConn will go. Then, Meredith will be next, I bet.

2. Jamon Meredith
3. Tyronne Green

I agree with you on getting these two players. I really like Herman Johnson, but if you got a shot at Meredith and you liked him, it would be hard not to take him. LTs don't grow on trees.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
41gy#;2647218 said:
I'm starting to like Jamon Meredith more. Although, that one poster from South Carolina didn't like him. He's already bulked up some and did 31 reps. lol He can play LT and guard.

I like Iglesias, too.

I was looking at the tackles. How are we going to get Meredith to fall to us when they rise? All those first round tackles are going to go. Then, the OT from UConn will go. Then, Meredith will be next, I bet.

2. Jamon Meredith
3. Tyronne Green

I agree with you on getting these two players. I really like Herman Johnson, but if you got a shot at Meredith and you liked him, it would be hard not to take him. LTs don't grow on trees.

that's pretty much why I prefer Meredith over Herman Johnson, you take the premium position every time IMO

a couple of years from now Meredith is going to be a bulldozer at LT, with the athleticism to hold up against the speed rush too, got to like that, plus he can be the swing tackle behind Flozell until he's ready to step up to the plate

Meredith, Tyronne Green

or Meredith, Antoine Caldwell would be fine by me

or Meredith, Gurode, Caldwell would be even better

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
iRoot4Losers;2647221 said:
that's pretty much why I prefer Meredith over Herman Johnson, you take the premium position every time IMO

a couple of years from now Meredith is going to be a bulldozer at LT, with the athleticism to hold up against the speed rush too, got to like that, plus he can be the swing tackle behind Flozell until he's ready to step up to the plate

Meredith, Tyronne Green

or Meredith, Antoine Caldwell would be fine by me

or Meredith, Gurode, Caldwell would be even better

You know what, I agree with you 100%. That Meredith pick really sounds good. LTs need to be quick and agile these days in order to block these smaller, quicker guys. Those guys have power, too. Meredith fits that category. He's built to do it. I didn't follow Meredith closely, because I thought the guys on their o-line were finesse guys who would be too small for the Cowboys. I did know about him, though. He was a good player.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Meredith looked really good in the drills IMO. Very athletic.

And I had no idea Iglesias was that big, and I've liked him since last year when I thought he was clearly better than Malcolm Kelly. I really thought JI was was more like 5-11 and 190.