Cowboys Injuries

cowboyec

Reaction score
The NFL is overwhelmed with injury issues this season.

Proof that low intensity off-seasons are bad for everyone...players, coaches & fans.

They really need to get back to old school off-season rules for practicing.

Even before Covid the rules for the past decade have made injuries worse not better.
:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:
tackling would improve over night if they would increase the number of padded/live contact practices.
coverage would improve over night if they increase the number of practices...pads or not.

Kaiser

Reaction score
I wonder if there is a factor that some players heard the season would be called off the pandemic and just quit working out, then rushed back into it when they realized they would be playing after all. You had guys like Canady and Olawale opt out of the season also, this season is so bizarre that the pandemic affected so many things in so many ways.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When Rob Ryan came in as DC, was it his 1st or 2nd year, the defense was also decimated with injuries at all positions. I think it was Rob, maybe it was Rod's 1st year as DC. However, the biggest injury stat from that year, they started 18 different DL alone. Offense went pretty much injury free.

This year overall injury wise is even worse. But for the entire team, not just defense.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
That’s what happens when you have a generation that grew up on Justin Beiber.

dogberry

Reaction score
Maybe the team should run the Jason Witten off season workout system.

Or

Identify which of his SNPs contribute to his resistance to injury.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score

Proof that low intensity off-seasons are bad for everyone...players, coaches & fans.

Even before Covid the rules for the past decade have made injuries worse not better.
It’s the strength and conditioning that killed the players this year. Practice is one thing, but the players bodies weren’t built up to withstand hits this year because with COVID even all the local gyms were shut down so players had nowhere to work out.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Right before I read this thread I read that eagles RT Lane Johnson is done for there year. There LT didn't even start a single game before having season ending surgery as well

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's not going to change because that was a concession made by the owners to keep from giving up more of their pie. As long as money is THE prime motivator, everything else will remain a distant second.

These players like making more money and not having to work as hard for it. How many of these players do you think would survive the training camps of the 60's? On top of that, have to leave their off season jobs for a pay cut.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s the strength and conditioning that killed the players this year. Practice is one thing, but the players bodies weren’t built up to withstand hits this year because with COVID even all the local gyms were shut down so players had nowhere to work out.
Yes, I was really referring to the entire off-season workouts for the modern era compared to when Jimmy was HC.

Weight lifting, etc. is now optional even in non Covid off- seasons.

Adreme

Reaction score

That would be a correlation and not a causation. I could just as easily argue that players being bigger and stronger and also having to put increased focus on hitting low has caused an increase in the number of injuries. Then you also have a lot of positions getting leaner than they used to be an effort to be faster which makes you more injury prone. Then you also have some players who are just not good at taking care of their bodies.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
The notion that there is more injuries is unsubstantiated.

What you’re seeing and hearing are more people being put on IR because of the new rules. The difference with this season is that getting out on IR doesn’t mean you miss the season; teams are using it for roster maneuvering.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Yes, I was really referring to the entire off-season workouts for the modern era compared to when Jimmy was HC.

Weight lifting, etc. is now optional even in non Covid off- seasons.
It’s optional to do it at the facility but players will still work out on their own with personal trainers. They had no access to that this offseason

jaybeware

Reaction score
I think they just prefer injuries to occur during games instead of at practice. Betting lines, fantasy, advertising $$$, all expect as close to an opmtimal product you can deliver on.
If it was just about football I think they would, but unfortunately its not.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

I've said this for years...100% agree